View Single Post
      07-01-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
vexingv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i xdrive

ConnectedDrive features not working: no messages, sending location, BMW Labs Widgets

Let me start from the beginning:
I recently had work done on my vehicle (related to the rear backup camera) at the dealership and the iDrive system was reset. Up until then, I had been using ConnectedDrive features such as sending locations to my vehicle via the BMW Remote App and the BMW Labs IFTTT integration. Following this work, I noticed that the BMW Labs Widget option was no longer available under my splitscreen options, which prompted me to investigate further. I then found that I could not send locations to the car as nothing appeared under "Messages" in iDrive. Looking online at ConnectedDrive, I could still see my car associated in my account. Thinking somehow my car somehow had become dissociated, I removed the vehicle in my profile and tried to re-add it to my profile. However, I was unable to re-add the vehicle as in order to add a vehicle, a security key/token is sent to the vehicle and this token is used to verify online; my vehicle did not receive the token. Thus, my ConnectedDrive features showed as past its expiration date in the iDrive.

In speaking with a BMW Genius, while he tried to resolve issues on his side, he suggested that the dealership try to resubmit the electronic subscriber agreement. I was at my dealership this week and they were able to resubmit the agreement and my vehicle now reappeared in my ConnectedDrive profile online. However, the initials problems persist; I'm unable to send locations and receive messages and IFTTT is not available in the splitscreen view. My vehicle does have network connectivity and somehow I am able to send commands such as honking the horn or flashing the headlights through the BMW Remote mobile app.

TLDR: iDrive recently reset by dealer, now I'm no longer able to receive messages (locations etc) to car nor access BMW Labs Widgets for splitscreen

I've contacted BMW Geniuses who are still working on it (although I don't know what that actually means). But does anyone have any solutions? I did try removing the car from my profile and then adding it again (albeit i had to get the dealer to get my car re-associated to my ConnectedDrive profile) to no avail.

This is a frustrating issue as I really liked IFTTT, which i use to control my Hue lights and also log my drives. Additionally, I liked the "send to car" feature since entering/finding addresses via iDrive itself is much more painful.
Appreciate 0