03-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #5
ramy_who
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB, 1989 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plynth2697 View Post
That was exactly my opinion when I faced the "unimaginable" reality of finding a black M240i with insanely low miles at an incredible price, BUT with the fineline wood trim. My two previous Bimmers stretching back close to 20 years were a E36 and a 2012 128i--both "triple black," which is black exterior, interior and seats. I considered a number of fixes/replacements such as this: https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1305865

I was talked out of it and decided to see if I could live with it and, to my great surprise, totally fell in love with it and see it as a perfect compliment for the classy ride it is. Now, an M2 would probably be a whole other story and agree this is all subjective!

One more thing--I think the photos provided are a fairly good representation of the color but don't provide the entire context of actually sitting in the car and taking it all in...
I LOVED the fineline wood on my 228. I was so happy when I found a 2 series on the lot with that trim. I agree that it doesn't "suit" the personality of the car as a whole, but when you sit in the car you don't really care about the personality of the car a whole. What matters is how the leather looks with the trim. I don't like aluminum tbh... looks too cheap.
Cosmetic Mods: Vorsteiner V-FF108 18x8.5 +35 Square | M Performance Diffuser
Appreciate 0