View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #9
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
I actually did a lot of research leading up to the purchase as I was always happy with the DWS06's in the cold. Most if not all the reviews said the AS3+ was THE best all-seasons (including winter driving) out there so I of course went this route. I'll probably ride these tires out and then go back to Conti's. I'm just disappointed in the Michelin's and not to mention they are SUPER LOUD compared to the DWS06.

This tirerack review has the Michelin come out on top in all categories, including winter driving and noise levels? https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=216
The softness which helps with DWS06 cold/snow/ice superiority also allows for a quieter tire versus the AS3+. I'm not sure if we're all looking at the same information on tirerack.com. Here are two charts which show the relative difference in performance on snow/ice.
Attached Images

2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 2