THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums USA - New England New England ppl

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
10,505
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
New England ppl

Prbly no one will post in the 2NE section for few years

Just wanted to see if anyone here got their 2series and what you pay for it
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #2
bman6074
Major
83
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Haven't gotten it yet but its on order. Delivery day should be end of May first week of June.
I paid 2250 below sticker and got 16K trade for my 08 135i with only Msport and heated seats

M235i
EB II/Coral red
Tech Pkg
Prem Pkg
Cold weather pkg
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
10,505
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bman6074
Haven't gotten it yet but its on order. Delivery day should be end of May first week of June.
I paid 2250 below sticker and got 16K trade for my 08 135i with only Msport and heated seats

M235i
EB II/Coral red
Tech Pkg
Prem Pkg
Cold weather pkg
Congrats...you mind telling me (or pm me) the dealer and sa/ca??
Thx
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #4
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Land of Opportunity

iTrader: (0)

hey gents,

I will be moving to Boston later this year. Could you guys help me out on the taxes levied on my M235i? I will be registering it in another state before moving to Boston, so the initial tax will be rolled into monthly payment at the original state's tax rate. Now is that the same in MA? I heard about the exercise tax on vehicles in MA, which is on top of the sales tax that's already rolled into the monthly, correct? How is it calculated?

I assume I will be able to ask BMWFS to recalculate my monthly payment once I change my address and register the car in MA? what's the sales tax rate over there?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
10,505
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt
hey gents,

I will be moving to Boston later this year. Could you guys help me out on the taxes levied on my M235i? I will be registering it in another state before moving to Boston, so the initial tax will be rolled into monthly payment at the original state's tax rate. Now is that the same in MA? I heard about the exercise tax on vehicles in MA, which is on top of the sales tax that's already rolled into the monthly, correct? How is it calculated?

I assume I will be able to ask BMWFS to recalculate my monthly payment once I change my address and register the car in MA? what's the sales tax rate over there?

Thanks guys!
New car is 6.25
excise tax is collected by the town/city annually where the car is regester...$25 per $1000
welcome to Taxachusettes
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 02:02 AM   #6
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Land of Opportunity

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
New car is 6.25
excise tax is collected by the town/city annually where the car is regester...$25 per $1000
welcome to Taxachusettes
Thanks! so I'll pay the exercise tax when I renew my tabs each year? is it the same for lease and purchase? i.e. taxed on the MSRP of the car regardless of lease or purchase? that's just insane!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #7
bman6074
Major
83
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
Congrats...you mind telling me (or pm me) the dealer and sa/ca??
Thx
I am in CT, Hartford area. Not sure you would want to come down here to buy a car. But if you do, let me know i will send you the info.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
10,505
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
New car is 6.25
excise tax is collected by the town/city annually where the car is regester...$25 per $1000
welcome to Taxachusettes
Thanks! so I'll pay the exercise tax when I renew my tabs each year? is it the same for lease and purchase? i.e. taxed on the MSRP of the car regardless of lease or purchase? that's just insane!
Im not sure how a lease car works...but didnt you already paid tax in your state? You shouldnt need to pay double tax.
Excise tax should be mail to you annually
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #9
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Land of Opportunity

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
Im not sure how a lease car works...but didnt you already paid tax in your state? You shouldnt need to pay double tax.
Excise tax should be mail to you annually
no, on a lease car I pay tax based on my monthly payment, at least that's the case in my state. There are some states that collect tax on the selling price up front and refund you the portion on residual when you turn in the lease.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
indiefan24
New Member
2
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
Thanks! so I'll pay the exercise tax when I renew my tabs each year? is it the same for lease and purchase? i.e. taxed on the MSRP of the car regardless of lease or purchase? that's just insane!
The excise tax for a leased car in MA will be added into one of your payments (it was every April for me when I was leasing from Audi) since the bill is sent to the leasing company.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #11
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Land of Opportunity

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiefan24 View Post
The excise tax for a leased car in MA will be added into one of your payments (it was every April for me when I was leasing from Audi) since the bill is sent to the leasing company.
so the April payment would be your regular monthly+the exercise tax for the previous year ending in April? then the May payment goes back to the regular monthly only?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #12
indiefan24
New Member
2
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
so the April payment would be your regular monthly+the exercise tax for the previous year ending in April? then the May payment goes back to the regular monthly only?
Yup that's correct.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2014, 06:29 PM   #13
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Land of Opportunity

iTrader: (0)

hey guys, how much are you paying for insurance on M235i in Boston? I heard that insurance rate in MA is the highest among New England states.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #14
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
10,505
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Just order the M235 (AW with Coral Red, premium pkg, moonroof delete)

Now the wait
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #15
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Land of Opportunity

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
Just order the M235 (AW with Coral Red, premium pkg, moonroof delete)

Now the wait
Congrats!

I'm picking up my ED in two weeks! The same color combo!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #16
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
10,505
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I did ED back in 2005 and it was a blast (welt was in construction during that time)
Is this your 1st ED?
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:30 PM   #17
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Land of Opportunity

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
I did ED back in 2005 and it was a blast (welt was in construction during that time)
Is this your 1st ED?
yes it is, very much looking forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
1044
Rep
10,505
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
I did ED back in 2005 and it was a blast (welt was in construction during that time)
Is this your 1st ED?
yes it is, very much looking forward to it.
Have fun, try to book a factory tour if you havent already
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #19
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
21
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Land of Opportunity

iTrader: (0)

folks, how are the roads in Boston? any need to buy the tire and wheel insurance from BMW?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #20
mfourn20
First Lieutenant
mfourn20's Avatar
45
Rep
321
Posts

Drives: 228i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Warwick, RI USA

iTrader: (0)

New 228i m sport - manual here - Rhode Island
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #21
bman6074
Major
83
Rep
1,254
Posts

Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Anyone in CT. There is a cars and coffee every Sunday in Glastonbury behind max fish by Starbucks. Usually meet up around 9-11 am sometimes a bit longer.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 08:16 PM   #22
DRM736
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2015 M235i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Does this still happen? I'm in Hartford area, might swing by. New M235i.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST