E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Sneak peek at my new car...

12-20-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
shutterbug
Private
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Sneak peek at my new car...

My CA called me this past Saturday and let me know that my car had arrived but hadn't been prepped yet, so off I went brimming with excitement and armed with my camera. I also wanted to drop off the OEM alarm and aluminum pedals that I had purchased from Circle BMW. I had purchased these weeks ago so that the dealer could install them while prepping the car at the same time.

I imagine most of you still remember that "apple-in-your-throat" feeling when you saw your car for the first time, particularly those of you who have waited 7+ weeks for it. The car hadn't been cleaned, there were dirty streaks across the windshield, the tow points on the front and rear bumper were still exposed, but damn...she looked beautiful. My CA must be a sadist, because he suggested that I get in and start her up, knowing full well that I couldn't go anywhere. That must make me a masochist, because I got in.

On a sidenote, I'm glad I examined the interior because I noticed that the center dome light was not slotted, so I asked my CA to make sure the slotted one was installed along with the alarm. Reading this forum made me sound very smart.

So here are the specs for the car: 330xi/6MT/SG/Black Leather/Aluminum/Sports/Cold Weather/PDC/Comfort Access
Dealer: Essex BMW in NJ
Price: $950 over invoice

Now if I could just get through the next 2 days...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #2
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
What are those little square things missing in the bumper covers? Some sort of diagnostic access?
      12-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

that's where they screw in the bolt when they tow ur car. IT's attached to the frame...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
shutterbug
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
What are those little square things missing in the bumper covers? Some sort of diagnostic access?
I think it's where the screw-in tow fittings go. I assume they used it during transport of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
Atty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 X5 48i M-Sport

Garage List
Nice! Congrats.
      12-20-2005, 04:59 PM   #6
Helmar
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi, Barrique red

center dome light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug
I noticed that the center dome light was not slotted, so I asked my CA to make sure the slotted one was installed along with the alarm. Reading this forum made me sound very smart.
What's this about a slotted center dome light?

I just ordered my 330xi. Is this something I should look for when it arrives?

HBH
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #7
shutterbug
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmar
What's this about a slotted center dome light?

I just ordered my 330xi. Is this something I should look for when it arrives?

HBH
You'll want to check this only if you're planning to install the BMW alarm. Without the slots, the motion detectors won't operate.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #8
MelF1fan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SP

Congrats on the car!

I got my E90 325i SP from Essex as well. They are pretty good to deal with.

Who was your CA? Was it Dave? He's a Cool Guy. I was over at the dealership this past Saturday. Think i overheard him chatting with someone that someguys SG 330xi was ready for prep and installation of some parts and that he was really souped up for the car.

Well either way, i know exactly how you feel as the anticipation just kills you...you only think about the car every minute of every day lol...although fortunately i did not have to wait 7+ weeks as i learned they had the car i wanted on the boat en route.

Again, congrats and enjoy the car
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 05:23 PM   #9
shutterbug
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg031
Who was your CA? Was it Dave? He's a Cool Guy. I was over at the dealership this past Saturday. Think i overheard him chatting with someone that someguys SG 330xi was ready for prep and installation of some parts and that he was really souped up for the car.
I would be that souped up guy! :rocks: Appparently mine was the only 330xi that arrived this past week. Yep, Dave is very cool and will be receiving high marks from me on the survey. Do you have any experience with their service department?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #10
MelF1fan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SP

As far as service with them, i was there to only swap out the summer tires over to winter tires so other than that i don't have any experience to speak of (the cars running great btw). However they were very curteous to me as i did not really make an appointment ahead of time and with saturdays being a busy time for the service dept. i was pleased they took me in.

Hopefully it will be better than my experiences with open road :mad:

Anyhow...You will love the car!! Post more pics when you get it all set up.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 03:01 AM   #11
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
very nice congratulations
please show us more pics when you get the car and please also show us the interior