E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > typical day in boca raton ...

10-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
90rr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

typical day in boca raton ...

Sorry everyone ,thread is not related to E9X but i would like to share my concern about serious subject.
The pic. bellow is from a local beach camera in boca raton today.Notice a car in the middle left ? Scenes like this one becoming almost every day thing in SFL.
Few weeks ago the other car slammed into last right pole (not sure about injuries ). Last week I witnessed a lady going wrong way on exit from I95 ,missing head on collisions ,then casually turning back (drinking Starbucks and chatting with a friend on the passenger seat) they looked so calm that made me thinking this is not a first time this is happening .
Also couple years ago i saw a elderly lady going thru a wall at bed bath & beyond .

Last edited by 90rr; 10-13-2011 at 12:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Eric335
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 SG 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [7.66]
hello Floridian

and yeah, here in good old (key word: old) Naples Fl, there are a lot of these cases :P
      10-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Sucks to see...but damn - that's Boca and Delray Beach for you.

It's retirement USA.

I used to live in West Palm Beach...so I'm fully aware of all the older drivers. Totally different driving patterns...becareful out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

i don't get it? this is perfectly normal

is that south beach park, off palmetto?

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #5
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
Florida - God's Waiting Room...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

But the GPS told me to keep going straight!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #7
Titanium3Series
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
Florida - Americas Retirement home

Be Careful on Sundays.....
      10-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
Lchau1987
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 BG

Florida does have some crazy drivers
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #9
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

lol oh FL
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
90rr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
i don't get it? this is perfectly normal

is that south beach park, off palmetto?
yup!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
Titanium3Series
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I lived in Vero Beach for a year and constantly had seniors trying to switch lanes with me right beside them.....some places in Flordia are worst than others.
      10-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
LOL, reminds me of the last time I was in Florida. Every morning like clockwork I was woken up by the sound of an ambulance siren arriving at the seniors condo next to my hotel.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
lol i know exactly where that is!!! been there many of times during my stroll down a1a!!! people are ridiculous. One of the reasons my girl wont let me get a gun.. haha.. People drive like complete fucking idiots down here more-so than i think in other states...Maybe its because we have so many FOB's down here...who knows...
Thank god your girl is smart, I can only imagine what another hick with gun would do . . Only possible positive outcome would be. . .

Blaming the problem on one of the minorities?

Typical 'we don't ever do nothing wrong, its THEM cause we're so perfect' attitude. I really do feel bad that some of you have to live down there with so many guys with that mindset. It is the only thing I am thankful for living up here in Canada.

Am I mad? Far from it, what I am though is amazed at how racism still exists. Maybe someone who works for an actual insurance company has access to data that shows what percentage each specific race actually accounts for. Although that would probably still not change the mindset of certain one way thinking individuals.

Awe well.

P.S. Try to use the report button again LOL Mr. 'I reported you '
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #14
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

i need to live next to the beach
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

FL is full of Snow Birds during the winter, they all migrate south.

If you ever talked to an older driver they will all tell you that it is the rest of us who are the bad drivers and their justification is the fact they see lots of accidents. You asked them where they see the accident they will tell you in the rear view mirror.

Yeah they just saw the accident they caused.

Last edited by Maestro; 10-11-2011 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #16
E90MCF
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06' AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
FL is full of Snow Birds during the winter, they all migrate south.

If you ever talked to an older driver they will all tell you that it is the rest of us who are the bad drivers and their justification is the fact they see lots of accidents. You asked them where they see the accident they will tell you in the rear view mirror.

Yeah the just saw the accident that caused.
LOL
- OEM Blacklines - 3M Di-Noc Matte Dry Carbon Vinyl Roof - 19x8.5/19x9.5 Miro M6 Replica 'Time Attack' - 17x8 OEM Style 159 Spider Spoke - Matte Black Grills - LED Interior Kit - License Plate LEDs - CF Roundels/Wheel Caps -
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #17
witeagle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 14 BMW Z4 2.8i * 10 BMW X3

There are a lot of 55+ and senior developments in my town (in New Jersey) We see all kinda wierd crashes, such as the 90+ year old women who flipped her car over pulling into a parking stop at the grocery store!!! Wish I had pics but it was pre-camera phone.

It happens every day, all over the place - just hope that nobody gets hurt when it does happen!
      10-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #18
Maestro
Major
Rep

And you ask yourself the next obvious question... Why do they allow these people to continue to drive, can you say show me the money.

Since the majority of older driver were the very first generation to grow up having a car all the time do not want to stop driving so they will pay high insurance premium and buy new cars to replace the wrecked cars so they are helping drive the economy. The government has not interest in getting any poor driver of the road, without these poor drivers the insurance companies would not be making money.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #19
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
And you ask yourself the next obvious question... Why do they allow these people to continue to drive, can you say show me the money.

Since the majority of older driver were the very first generation to grow up having a car all the time do not want to stop driving so they will pay high insurance premium and buy new cars to replace the wrecked cars so they are helping drive the economy. The government has not interest in getting any poor driver of the road, without these poor drivers the insurance companies would not be making money.
Older Drivers Not the Most Dangerous: New Study

New RAND Corporation research reveals that drivers over 65 years of age are 16% more likely than the average adult driver to cause an accident, but as a group, they're not the most dangerous -- drivers under 24 years of age are 188% more likely to cause an accident.
The authors of the study recommend that state motor vehicle departments more carefully weigh the costs and benefits of restricting the licensing requirements on older drivers, and give greater consideration to car safety technology and to reducing the risky behavior of particularly young drivers

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #20
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
Older Drivers Not the Most Dangerous: New Study

New RAND Corporation research reveals that drivers over 65 years of age are 16% more likely than the average adult driver to cause an accident, but as a group, they're not the most dangerous -- drivers under 24 years of age are 188% more likely to cause an accident.
The authors of the study recommend that state motor vehicle departments more carefully weigh the costs and benefits of restricting the licensing requirements on older drivers, and give greater consideration to car safety technology and to reducing the risky behavior of particularly young drivers

refer to my other comment, old people will tell you they are never in an accidence they just leave wreckage behind them. It is all the others drivers who are trying to get out of their way getting in the accidents

Comparing an older to someone under 24 is no comparison it is call lack of experience, older drivers should be the most experienced but obviously have more accident than the rest of us over 24.

In reality, my son just began driving and what I notice is not that he is a good or bad driver is the fact he will do thing which is not necessarily wrong but unpredictable so drivers around him then try to avoid him. I see the same thing with older drivers.

Also, that is the statistical study and stats can be manipulated to say what you want. They even talk about how older driver drive less then younger driver I bet if you did the stats looking accidents per miles driven older people would come out a lot worse. Also population over 65 is smaller than the population from 45 to 65 which is the baby boomers wait until we are all over 65 we will reek havoc on the roads and i bet they start pulling our license, since the population behind us is smaller and we might kill them all off.

Last edited by Maestro; 10-11-2011 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #21
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
refer to my other comment, old people will tell you they are never in an accidence they just leave wreckage behind them. It is all the others drivers who are trying to get out of their way getting in the accidents

Comparing an older to someone under 24 is no comparison it is call lack of experience, older drivers should be the most experienced but obviously have more accident than the rest of us over 24.

In reality, my son just began driving and what I notice is not that he is a good or bad driver is the fact he will do thing which is not necessarily wrong but unpredictable so drivers around him then try to avoid him. I see the same thing with older drivers.

Also, that is the statistical study and stats can be manipulated to say what you want. They even talk about how older driver drive less then younger driver I bet if you did the stats looking accidents per miles driven older people would come out a lot worse. Also population over 65 is smaller than the population from 45 to 65 which is the baby boomers wait until we are all over 65 we will reek havoc on the roads and i bet they start pulling our license, since the population behind us is smaller and we might kill them all off.
I should have known better.

Never try to confuse people with facts

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #22
Hootsama
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Phew. I thought that webcam was going to show an E9x jammed into the beachfront picnic area. ;-)

This is one of the many reasons my wife and I will be moving our family out of Boca in the next few years.
Appreciate 0