Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Will this winter wheel/tire combo work for my E92 335xi with mSport?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
omadave
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5M

Question Will this winter wheel/tire combo work for my E92 335xi with mSport?

Please be gentle with a noob!

I am picking up my E92 335xi with mSport pkg later this week and trying to figure out a good winter wheel/tire combo.

Can someone please confirm for me if the 189's (18") would work on my car with winter tires? I understand that I don't have to stagger the tires, so I was thinking the Blizzak LM-60's 225 40 18 would work best.

Can anyone tell me if this setup will work for my car? I appreciate the insight!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Chris H.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 AW / SO - 6MT

I'm not sure if the tires will work. But I see your from Omaha, I am from Omaha also. What color M-sport are you getting? You get it at Markel? I have a set of 189's in my garage I'll sell you if you are interested. Let me know. Have fun with the car.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
elegant
Love To Drive!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 M Sport E 92; '06 Z06

No problem with running 18's with snow tires.

However, as you know your first decision is then whether you are willing to give up your run flats. If you are, the Blizzaks are great.

If you are not willing to give up run flats, and I am not, you can do what I did, and get run flat Pirelli Sottozero 240's, all four in the same size you indicated. (Got them trhough Tire Rack, Gary @ ext. 386.)
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
omadave
Rep
Drives: 2011 x5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H. View Post
I'm not sure if the tires will work. But I see your from Omaha, I am from Omaha also. What color M-sport are you getting? You get it at Markel? I have a set of 189's in my garage I'll sell you if you are interested. Let me know. Have fun with the car.

Chris
Hi Chris,

Yes, I ordered it at Markel and it is waiting for me to get home and pick it up! I went with Le Mans Blue outside and Saddle Brown interior. Can't wait!

How much do you want for the 189's? I found a decent set on here and Gary @ Tire Rack says they will work on my car with the Blizzaks, so hopefully he is right (seems to be a good source on here).

If your price is right, I could avoid the shipping charges/wait on the others...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Chris H.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 AW / SO - 6MT

Dave congrats on the car! You will enjoy it. Nice color combo not to may 335 running the streets here in Omaha let alone m-sports. In regards to the set of 189's I have I was thinking $400 for the set. They are overall in good shape. There is a small minor chip in one. Let me know. 402-578-9675

Chris
Appreciate 0