Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Stupid tire size question

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Stupid tire size question

Hey all,

I have a relatively stupid question about tire sizes, so forgive the n00b.

I'm going to +1 or +2 my OEM mags (will leave the 17" stock for winter, thinking of going 18/19 for summer). Now, since it came with RFTs, I have no spare. I had a flat a few days ago, and BMW Road Assist took 5 hours to get to me (I think it's because I was smack downtown, so ... okay, no, I don't know why. I'm pissed as hell at them). Suppose I was rolling on 18/19s, and I had a flat. I'd have someone bring over one of my backup 17's from the garage with winter tread on them. What would be the danger of putting it on to get to a repair shop (and potentially rolling a few days on it while a replacement tire is found), i.e. running on 3x 18/19 and 1x 17?

Thanks,

-pN
      02-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #2
EuRoTUneR
Eurotuner
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
arnt doughnuts much smaller anyway? so i dont see any problem with it as long as its for a quick trip to the shop. could be wrong tho
Appreciate 0