E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Problem with humidity

02-29-2024, 06:16 AM   #1
mariukc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 2008

Unhappy Problem with humidity

Hello.

It’s been raining these past days and I started noticing that some water drops is coming from center panorama control thing. So I thought I will open that plastic dash thing and see whats the problem… Basically there was alot of humidity in there and I think that happens because there’s something wrong with panorama sealing.. Maybe someone had the same problem and could help me?

Some photos here:

https://ibb.co/tJS1gfp
https://ibb.co/BstjgmW
https://ibb.co/F77LGB6
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 07:19 AM   #2
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

probably had a prior poor windshield install
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 09:19 AM   #3
Cal122
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i 2011 328i xDrive

Have you checked to ensure your sunroof drains are clear (in the corners of the sunroof) and any water runs freely out the bottom of the car?

If rain is heavy, water can build-up in the sunroof tray and roll over into the interior of the car and eventually make its way into the floor carpet.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 11:20 AM   #4
Bims328i
DIYer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i E90 SULEV

From the images supplied it appears it could very well be an issue with the sunroof drains.

On E90 there is no seal between the edge of the water trough / guide in the sunroof cassette assembly.

Meaning there is a literal gap between the roof of the car and the lip of the water trough / guide.

So in the event it becomes inundated with water, that water will simply spill over the edge of the sunroof drain guides and in the rear it is even more shallow.

This looks a bit different to mine but having water sit in there could in fact create a humid environment between headliner and roof. Perhaps they are only slightly clogged.

After discovering mine were clogged (passenger side) I had to remove the entire interior to get the water out of the floorboards and mass of foam underneath the carpet.

Eventually got a damp rid thing to try and pull any residual moisture out from the cabin.

While I had the headliner dropped I actually pulled the drain line off and blew into the drain. I actually felt something clear out from the front passenger drain. The rest were ok but lower exit ports needed cleaning.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 08:03 AM   #5
mariukc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal122 View Post
Have you checked to ensure your sunroof drains are clear (in the corners of the sunroof) and any water runs freely out the bottom of the car?

If rain is heavy, water can build-up in the sunroof tray and roll over into the interior of the car and eventually make its way into the floor carpet.
Yeah I checked all sunroof drains, water runs freely and comes out from the bottom of the car. I think maybe it could be that one of the drain pipes is cracked from the inside but im not sure, because headliner from the inside is dry. So it’s still kind of mystery to me… I been driving with air circulation alot in winter maybe that caused this problem, but it’s not logical to me 😄
Appreciate 0