BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Uk X1 M Sport Pro 23d

01-01-2023, 12:46 PM   #1
335d Touring Xdrive
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 335d Touring

Question Uk X1 M Sport Pro 23d

Can anyone tell me if the Uk spec vehicles come with blind spot recognition?
It gets the Technology pack as standard but the Premium Pro is no longer available to order new now which i believe included BSR.
Also have BMW ditched the runflat tyres on the 20" wheels?
What packs are a must have?
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 06:38 PM   #2
335d Touring Xdrive
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

I think i have found my own answers trawling through many You Tube videos.
Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 01:59 PM   #3
9851Colle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 xline Xdrive

To answer you, yes it does. Your wing mirrors have a small warning triangle inside them that flash orange when a vehicle is in your blind spot.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 04:14 PM   #4
ronime
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive20i M Sport MHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9851Colle View Post
To answer you, yes it does. Your wing mirrors have a small warning triangle inside them that flash orange when a vehicle is in your blind spot.
Ours doesn’t have this. The M Sport Premier Pro demonstrator that we had a test drive in did though. I suspect that you need to add the Driving Assistant Professional pack for this feature now that the Premier Pro trim level is no longer available in the UK.

Last edited by ronime; 01-03-2023 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 04:36 PM   #5
9851Colle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 xline Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronime View Post
Ours doesn’t have this. The M Sport Premier Pro demonstrator that we had a test drive in did though. I suspect that you need to add the Driving Assistant Professional pack for this feature now that the Premier Pro trim level is no longer available in the UK.
I only got my x1 on New Year’s Eve in the UK and it’s M sport premier pro with the technology pack
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 04:57 PM   #6
335d Touring Xdrive
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers guys.
Yes i am told that all new X1's now come with blind spot recognition and all models now come without runflat tyres.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 03:35 AM   #7
ronime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335d Touring Xdrive View Post
Cheers guys.
Yes i am told that all new X1's now come with blind spot recognition and all models now come without runflat tyres.
Definitely no runflat tyres on our X1 but your X1 will only have blindspot detection if you had ordered the Driving Assistant Professional Pack or a trim level that includes this pack, i.e. Premier Pro.
      01-04-2023, 03:38 AM   #8
ronime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9851Colle View Post
I only got my x1 on New Year’s Eve in the UK and it’s M sport premier pro with the technology pack
I guess that you ordered yours some months ago? We ordered ours mid-November and by that time Premier Pro had already been withdrawn for new orders.
      01-04-2023, 04:01 AM   #9
blazeforth23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

I had the same question and this is what BMW genius told me

Quote:
It will be under the Driving Assistant Plus Pack Preparation which is within the Technology Plus Pack, if you want it when you collect the vehicle, you will just have to purchase it from the BMW Shop, firstly you can get a 3 month trial free of charge, then you can purchase 1 months for £35, 1 year for £350, 3 years at £550 or unlimited for £750! This also give you assisted driving and adaptive cruise control too.
As some pages and reveiwers said Blind spot etc comes as standard for X1, but I believe that depends on the country. I ordered xdrive23i Tech Plus/Comfort Pack model.

I believe Tech Plus is a must have, but we got Comfort pack for free when negotiated. Tech plus will have all the preparation, so incase you need Driving Assistant professional plus you can pay/subscribe.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 04:15 AM   #10
ronime
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeforth23 View Post
As some pages and reveiwers said Blind spot etc comes as standard for X1, but I believe that depends on the country. I ordered xdrive23i Tech Plus/Comfort Pack model.

I believe Tech Plus is a must have, but we got Comfort pack for free when negotiated. Tech plus will have all the preparation, so incase you need Driving Assistant professional plus you can pay/subscribe.
The demonstrator that we drove was a Premier Pro and that had the warning triangle markings visible on the door mirror glass.

Our car has Driving Assistant Plus preparation and we can add this option as a retro-fit via the Connected Drive Store. We do not have the warning triangle markings on the door mirror glass.

Note that Driving Assistant Plus and Driving Assistant Professional are different things. "Plus" is a software upgrade that can be applied via the Connected Drive store but "Professional" needs extra hardware and would normally be a factory-only option.

I think that it all boils down to the radar sensors. All X1s have the front radar sensor behind the centre of the radiator grill and this can be used for adaptive cruise control but Lane Change Assist and blind spot detection needs the side radar sensors as well.

If the Technology Plus pack provides the side radar sensors then I guess that adding Driving Assistant Professional via the Connected Drive Store should be feasible?

Last edited by ronime; 01-04-2023 at 04:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 06:15 AM   #11
blazeforth23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronime View Post
The demonstrator that we drove was a Premier Pro and that had the warning triangle markings visible on the door mirror glass.

Our car has Driving Assistant Plus preparation and we can add this option as a retro-fit via the Connected Drive Store. We do not have the warning triangle markings on the door mirror glass.

Note that Driving Assistant Plus and Driving Assistant Professional are different things. "Plus" is a software upgrade that can be applied via the Connected Drive store but "Professional" needs extra hardware and would normally be a factory-only option.

I think that it all boils down to the radar sensors. All X1s have the front radar sensor behind the centre of the radiator grill and this can be used for adaptive cruise control but Lane Change Assist and blind spot detection needs the side radar sensors as well.

If the Technology Plus pack provides the side radar sensors then I guess that adding Driving Assistant Professional via the Connected Drive Store should be feasible?
In Driving Assistant Professional it says
Quote:
Driving Assistant Professional is a camera and radar-based driver assistance system consisting of the contents of Driving Assistant and Driving Assistant Plus plus:
Thinking it's just another subscription than a hardware requirement if you get Technology plus pack.
Appreciate 0