BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) yes, iPhone 14 Pro Max in Otterbox Defender case charges fine in the X1's

11-15-2022, 11:00 AM   #1
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

yes, iPhone 14 Pro Max in Otterbox Defender case charges fine in the X1's

yes, iPhone 14 Pro Max in Otterbox Defender case charges fine in the X1's wireless charging pad. not sure how fast, but during the 30-minute test drive, it went from about 80% to 92% when I took it off. Did not feel warm at all.(outdoor temp was about 45 at the time)

someone asked about this in another thread, but I can't remember who or which thread it was, so I'm posting it here for him/her.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 05:20 PM   #2
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Interesting. I had my phone with a pretty standard sized case in the wireless charger coming home tonight. Left work @ 68%; made a 5 minute phone call; listened to a podcast for about 10 minutes; after a 25 minute drive, phone was at 66% when I got home. But I know it was charging the whole time, because I could see the icon on the iDrive screen.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 08:16 PM   #3
bcdx93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X1

Do you notice any gps location issue while your phone was on wireless charging dock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
yes, iPhone 14 Pro Max in Otterbox Defender case charges fine in the X1's wireless charging pad. not sure how fast, but during the 30-minute test drive, it went from about 80% to 92% when I took it off. Did not feel warm at all.(outdoor temp was about 45 at the time)

someone asked about this in another thread, but I can't remember who or which thread it was, so I'm posting it here for him/her.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 09:33 PM   #4
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdx93 View Post
Do you notice any gps location issue while your phone was on wireless charging dock?
when I posted this thread, it was after my first test drive of the X1 back in November.... at the time, I only tested to make sure that my new iPhone 14 Pro Max with Defender case could charge properly...

on my most recent test drive(my 4th or 5th one), I was comparing the X1's built-in navigation with Google Maps and Apple Maps via CarPlay. That was when I noticed the possible GPS reception problem with the phone in the charging dock. It didn't really get me lost or anything, but I did notice a couple of times that both Google Maps and Apple Maps seemed confused because they weren't picking up location correctly. I believe I mentioned in another recent thread where other X1 drivers have mentioned somewhat similar problem.

I actually took another test drive today because I was near the BMW dealer and had 3 hours to kill before picking up someone at the airport. This time, my 14 Pro Max did not encounter any issues with the GPS, while sitting in the charging dock.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2023, 08:42 AM   #5
bcdx93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X1

Thanks for the information.
Seems to me it happens indiscriminately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
when I posted this thread, it was after my first test drive of the X1 back in November.... at the time, I only tested to make sure that my new iPhone 14 Pro Max with Defender case could charge properly...

on my most recent test drive(my 4th or 5th one), I was comparing the X1's built-in navigation with Google Maps and Apple Maps via CarPlay. That was when I noticed the possible GPS reception problem with the phone in the charging dock. It didn't really get me lost or anything, but I did notice a couple of times that both Google Maps and Apple Maps seemed confused because they weren't picking up location correctly. I believe I mentioned in another recent thread where other X1 drivers have mentioned somewhat similar problem.

I actually took another test drive today because I was near the BMW dealer and had 3 hours to kill before picking up someone at the airport. This time, my 14 Pro Max did not encounter any issues with the GPS, while sitting in the charging dock.
Appreciate 0