BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Build slated for week 39. Thoughts on color?

09-14-2022, 11:35 AM   #1
igott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 228i xDrive

Build slated for week 39. Thoughts on color?

Hey guys,

Submitted my order since we had an allocation that hadn't been nabbed up by a customer. Decided to go fully loaded. Premium package has too many great things to not go for it, in my opinion.

My #1 choice for color was Blue Bay Lagoon, but I don't want to wait for 11/22 for the start of that color's production, and risk either losing something else for having waited, or, for programs to get worse. Currently, I've chosen the Frozen Pure Gray Metallic, but have also considered changing it to Portimao blue.

On the opinion side of things, what would you choose between the two?

Anyone have much experience with maintaining a matte paint job? I plan to get it Ceramic coated as soon as it arrives, and understand I am supposed to stay away from certain soaps. Anything else I should be made aware of?

Thanks

Name:  x1b1.PNG
Views: 392
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  x1b2.PNG
Views: 377
Size:  39.6 KB

Last edited by igott; 09-14-2022 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: adding pic
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 11:51 AM   #2
harris06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x1

If price is not a big deal, I would stick with Frozen pure gray since it's a unique color and would really stand out in the crowd. Mine was also build week 39 but it's already in production begins status. If I were you, I would rush to finalize my exterior color decision asap since this is what drives a bunch of other options like interior color,going for the black m-sport or x-line,etc
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 12:33 PM   #3
igott
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 228i xDrive

I'm set on everything options-wise, and if it pops into 150 status today, I won't be upset with my choice.

Just wondering if the extra upkeep required for a matte color has made people regret it. Ultimately, I can use our detail department to clean it after work, so it shouldn't be the end of the world for me. Portimao blue would just allow me to go through the touchless car wash, I suppose!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 12:46 PM   #4
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by igott View Post
Hey guys,

Submitted my order since we had an allocation that hadn't been nabbed up by a customer. Decided to go fully loaded. Premium package has too many great things to not go for it, in my opinion.

My #1 choice for color was Blue Bay Lagoon, but I don't want to wait for 11/22 for the start of that color's production, and risk either losing something else for having waited, or, for programs to get worse. Currently, I've chosen the Frozen Pure Gray Metallic, but have also considered changing it to Portimao blue.

On the opinion side of things, what would you choose between the two?

Anyone have much experience with maintaining a matte paint job? I plan to get it Ceramic coated as soon as it arrives, and understand I am supposed to stay away from certain soaps. Anything else I should be made aware of?

Thanks
It's your car, so you should get the color YOU are happy with. Not some strangers on the internet. Personally, I would not get a matte paint color; as between those 2 colors alone, I'd get the Portimao blue. But I've seen a lot of videos in the past 2 weeks with Cape York Green, and that color is fantastic and unique.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 01:48 PM   #5
harris06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x1

The cape york green looks great in the videos. I saw it in person last week on a bigger SUV and found it to be duller in regular light. Of course, color choices are subjective.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 04:07 PM   #6
GTF
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i, 2023 X1

I agree with others....your car, get your preference. Keep in mind frozen colors I understand are more difficult to match should you incur damage repair, and unlikely will return any investment at trade-in.
Appreciate 0