BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Ordered for Delayed Production.

09-06-2022, 07:49 PM   #1
noelleAVI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1, 2020 Audi Q3

Ordered for Delayed Production.

Ordered my x1 last week with my dealer, who said he had an allocation available as well as one for an October start. I’m leaving for work out of country for 5-6 months which is why I went with the delayed one. (Dealer will hold vehicle for me until I return).

But now I’m wondering if I should ask to swap allocations. I lurked the x3 forums all year when I was debating on building, and I always seen people mention how they began losing features due to the chip shortage.

Anyone hear of the ,likelihood of this happening with the x1? I know it’s possible just figured I see if anyones heard anything.

Side note: Ordered M-Sport in Frozen Gray and black interior
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 08:13 PM   #2
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevy Equinox --> BMW X1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelleAVI View Post
Ordered my x1 last week with my dealer, who said he had an allocation available as well as one for an October start. I’m leaving for work out of country for 5-6 months which is why I went with the delayed one. (Dealer will hold vehicle for me until I return).

But now I’m wondering if I should ask to swap allocations. I lurked the x3 forums all year when I was debating on building, and I always seen people mention how they began losing features due to the chip shortage.

Anyone hear of the ,likelihood of this happening with the x1? I know it’s possible just figured I see if anyones heard anything.

Side note: Ordered M-Sport in Frozen Gray and black interior
My X1 is in production right now and I called the Genius today to ask if there had been any deletions, and she said there hadn't been. But that I should call again closer to the finish date to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 06:03 AM   #3
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 M-Sport

Our dealership has the demo vehicle in QC right now according the MyBMW and the one delete noted was the hands free tailgate. Our X1 is scheduled to go into production in the 20th and according to the option list, no deleted parts are listed. It might be trim level related, as our car has the premium package and the demo car doesn’t.
Appreciate 0