E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2007 E90 n52 drama 🤣

01-23-2022, 03:08 PM   #1
Zinkawe
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xdrive

2007 E90 n52 drama 🤣

Hello guys Hope you are doing well

Car is a Bmw , july 2007 , e90 n52n 328i This car is driving me insane , symptoms , car wont start unless spray some carb cleaner in air filter , then after it starts it idles very bad and most of the time dies unless accelerator pressed , sometimes it stay running bad idle but stay running until i switch it off and i start it after that it will not start unless spraying some carb cleaner again
short fuel trims on both banks are at maximum positive 30 ( lean ) which makes the dme triggers rich to compensate the lean condition as i understand , upstream o2 reads 1.9 v and downsteam o2 reads 0.800 v but when i spray some carb cleaner when the car at idle , both short fuel trim on both banks changes to 0 or negative value and the reading of 4 o2 sensors changes accordingly (which i understand from watching danner channel is confirmed that o2 sensors are not faking the lean condition.
What i have done ,
1 - checked fuel pressure , and it came around 70 psi , 5 bar (manufacturer spec are 75 psi , 5.5 bar
2 - smoke tested the car , came with major leak at pcv valve at the top of valve cover and i replaced the pcv which was a diaphragm failure , and the car still in the same condition with the new pcv, also small leak at the eccentric shaft sensor seal, and crankshaft front seal (which I don't think is the reason of This major lean condition)
3- cleaned the injectors which were in perfect condition and replaced fuel filter
4- confirmed catalytic converter clogged on both banks checked with camera endscope
Faults are P1105, which indicates intake manifold pressure sensor plausibility, when the car starts the reading of the map is 45 hpa the reading drops to 17-19 hpa , the fualt shows . P0171 , p0174 lean codes for both banks

Thanks

Last edited by Zinkawe; 01-23-2022 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0