THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning ER Catted DP + BM3 Install

01-12-2021, 09:38 AM   #1
BAT240
Rep
Drives: M240i

ER Catted DP + BM3 Install

I just wanted to give my quick opinion on the ER Catted DP and BM3 install I just completed on my 2018 M240i. First off the installation for both was simple. I do have a lift so that is certainly an advantage but anyone with any mechanical skill shouldn't have any hesitation doing it on their own, lift or not. I am not the original owner and bought the car over the summer with just over 50k miles. I was nervous I might have trouble loosening one or more of the nuts. Got lucky and didn't have any frozen bolts. I didn't remove the exhaust but did loosen the rear hangers to have extra play to remove and install the DP into the mid-pipe. My only other tip would be to zip-tie the O2 sensor wire to the DP when feeding it up into the engine bay. One of my wires got caught between the DP and turbo flange at one point which I could not see from below. Just make sure you cut the zip-ties off when your done .

The BM3 install was just as simple, just follow the instructions. I did install the wifi agent as well and followed Kies Motorsports install instructions for his YouTube video. I'm on a Stage 2, 93 octane tune.

My car is stored for the winter but I did take it out for a shakedown run. All I can say is WOW, what a difference. It is cold here in PA and the MPSS tires just couldn't handle the power. I just ordered new 8" wide rear wheels (stock 719M) and 245's so hoping with the slightly wider tire and warmer temps in the spring I can put more of the power down. Will probably put in an LSD as well. Also, waiting on Dinan to ship an intake.

Thanks to Mike @ x-ph.com for the Downpipe and the guys @ kiesmotorsports.com for the BM3 and the helpful videos they put out on YouTube
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 06:03 PM   #2
Rick.Null
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 2 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT240 View Post
I just wanted to give my quick opinion on the ER Catted DP and BM3 install I just completed on my 2018 M240i. First off the installation for both was simple. I do have a lift so that is certainly an advantage but anyone with any mechanical skill shouldn't have any hesitation doing it on their own, lift or not. I am not the original owner and bought the car over the summer with just over 50k miles. I was nervous I might have trouble loosening one or more of the nuts. Got lucky and didn't have any frozen bolts. I didn't remove the exhaust but did loosen the rear hangers to have extra play to remove and install the DP into the mid-pipe. My only other tip would be to zip-tie the O2 sensor wire to the DP when feeding it up into the engine bay. One of my wires got caught between the DP and turbo flange at one point which I could not see from below. Just make sure you cut the zip-ties off when your done .

The BM3 install was just as simple, just follow the instructions. I did install the wifi agent as well and followed Kies Motorsports install instructions for his YouTube video. I'm on a Stage 2, 93 octane tune.

My car is stored for the winter but I did take it out for a shakedown run. All I can say is WOW, what a difference. It is cold here in PA and the MPSS tires just couldn't handle the power. I just ordered new 8" wide rear wheels (stock 719M) and 245's so hoping with the slightly wider tire and warmer temps in the spring I can put more of the power down. Will probably put in an LSD as well. Also, waiting on Dinan to ship an intake.

Thanks to Mike @ x-ph.com for the Downpipe and the guys @ kiesmotorsports.com for the BM3 and the helpful videos they put out on YouTube
Is yours an xdrive! Thanks for the write-up and I hope you enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats and thank you for the review

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
BAT240
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick.Null View Post
Is yours an xdrive! Thanks for the write-up and I hope you enjoy!
RWD 6MT
Appreciate 0