THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Odd handling after rear tire replacement

10-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #1
jordantii
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Sea

Odd handling after rear tire replacement

So, I just replaced the rear PSS's last week. Fronts still had about 60% left. Thanks M3/4 LCA's and 0 toe!

So what is happening is hard to describe but here goes.

When at highway speeds the cars feels a little darty and almost like there is a small bit of toe out in the rear. When going into a corner the front bites then the rear follows, very unsettling. Also, on a constant radius corner at speed the traction control light will blink but no cut in power or perceptible squeezing of the inside caliper.

I know all about mold release on the tires and the taller tread blocks since the tires are new. When the car takes a set it oscillates a bit as well. Both directions.

One issue I'm suspicious of is the tire place lifted the rear of the car with a slide jack on the rear control arms. It was on a drive on lift, not a two post. Don't get me started o why they said they could not use a two post.

So what are your thoughts? Taller tread blocks, alignment, ghosts?

Car is at the dealer now to have all the bushings looked at and finally the alignment if thats the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jordantii; 10-10-2016 at 06:02 PM..
Appreciate 0