E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Windscreen washer jet dribbling

05-15-2016, 12:58 PM   #1
tomgrey
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93, M sport, 269 alloys

Windscreen washer jet dribbling

Hi all. My washer jets have turned into a dribble on the drivers side and nothing on the passenger side. Heart sunk thinking of the cost to get the dealer to fix it. Then read a post on here!
Today I removed the air filter cover (really easy and now I can change the filter myself) and accessed the washer jets. On the drivers side, I pulled the water tube down and off the jet. Popped off quite easy.
Then as suggested on another thread, I took my tyre inflator (I ditched run flats a long time ago and now have inflator and tyre weld - fortunately not had to use yet) and using the football adapter I pumped air into the screen washer pipe.
I had already taken the top of the washer screen filler funnel thing and watched as screen wash bubbled up and out of the bottle and onto the floor under the car. Lots of bits floating to the top of the washer fluid.
I added more plain water to the washer bottle and repeated process a few times (not sure if necessary).
Then I popped the water pipe back onto the drivers jet and got into the car, started the engine and pulled the stick for the screen washer.
Hazaar. Worked just like the day I bought the car and despite flushing the bottle with plain water there was still loads of screen wash in there!
Big, big thanks to previous poster. Great and easy to do solution and has the benefit of also making it so obvious how you also change the air filters.
Now I have seen how dirty the air filters are I am off to order some replacements on the internet.
      05-16-2016, 02:43 AM   #2
abeardo83
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Love these types of posts - very informative.
Appreciate 0