THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N20 (228i) / B46 (230i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Anyone running Supersprint Muffler?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-07-2016, 03:42 PM   #1
rams
Enlisted Member
16
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: e34 M5
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Washinton

iTrader: (0)

Anyone running Supersprint Muffler?

Just saw this on the Turner Motorsport Website, https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...-race-muffler/

Didn't know Supersprint had a muffler for the 228. Curious about sound, fitment.

Last edited by rams; 05-07-2016 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 05:34 AM   #2
JoeyF228
Private First Class
22
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2015 228i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Arkansas

iTrader: (0)

In for details as well, i'm wondering if that section 2 tuned resonator for $403 would make any noticeable difference by itself also. It's hard for me to spend over $900 on a muffler.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
SteveInfante's Avatar
United_States
561
Rep
2,084
Posts

Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia, SC

iTrader: (0)

My plan is to do a catless DP with sections 1 and 2 and the stock open muffler.
__________________
328 F31 xDrive/OSM/Venetian Luxury Line/Cold Weather/Premium/Driving Assist/Nav/Tech "Golden Goose"
78' Honda CB400A project
http://www.instagram.com/steve_inf31
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
rams
Enlisted Member
16
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: e34 M5
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Washinton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
My plan is to do a catless DP with sections 1 and 2 and the stock open muffler.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a stock open muffler?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
SteveInfante's Avatar
United_States
561
Rep
2,084
Posts

Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia, SC

iTrader: (0)

Stock muffler that has the flap opened because it's unplugged when it's open in Sport mode.
__________________
328 F31 xDrive/OSM/Venetian Luxury Line/Cold Weather/Premium/Driving Assist/Nav/Tech "Golden Goose"
78' Honda CB400A project
http://www.instagram.com/steve_inf31
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2016, 09:20 PM   #6
Csmoove195
Private First Class
United_States
79
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is AW/CR 6 Speed
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Haven CT

iTrader: (0)

Were you interested in the supersprint because of the quality and sound? I don't know anyone that would spend over 1k for basically just a muffler. I have had an ActiveAutowerkes axelback on my n20 for almost a year and for half the price of supersprint along with the same quality and sound, seems like a better deal. I'm biased but I'm just letting you know what else is out there.
It's on sale actually too
http://store.activeautowerke.com/col...e-bmw-f30-328i
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2016, 12:17 AM   #7
rams
Enlisted Member
16
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: e34 M5
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Washinton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmoove195 View Post
Were you interested in the supersprint because of the quality and sound? I don't know anyone that would spend over 1k for basically just a muffler. I have had an ActiveAutowerkes axelback on my n20 for almost a year and for half the price of supersprint along with the same quality and sound, seems like a better deal. I'm biased but I'm just letting you know what else is out there.
It's on sale actually too
http://store.activeautowerke.com/col...e-bmw-f30-328i
Thanks for the link! They're out of the double tips, but I think I am just going to order the single tip.

Does the AA drone at lower RPMs?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 07:07 AM   #8
Csmoove195
Private First Class
United_States
79
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is AW/CR 6 Speed
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Haven CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rams View Post
Thanks for the link! They're out of the double tips, but I think I am just going to order the single tip.

Does the AA drone at lower RPMs?


The AA doesn't really have any drone at any RPM range imo. It's a smooth pleasing tone all around, not overpowering for DD which is what I used to do when all I had on the car was that muffler. If you want to get a few sound clips I have my thread I posted a while back after my install.
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1165125
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2016, 10:59 AM   #9
rams
Enlisted Member
16
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: e34 M5
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Washinton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmoove195 View Post
The AA doesn't really have any drone at any RPM range imo. It's a smooth pleasing tone all around, not overpowering for DD which is what I used to do when all I had on the car was that muffler. If you want to get a few sound clips I have my thread I posted a while back after my install.
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1165125
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #10
rams
Enlisted Member
16
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: e34 M5
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Washinton

iTrader: (0)

Any opinions on how the AA exhaust compares to the M performance?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 07:08 AM   #11
Csmoove195
Private First Class
United_States
79
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 2013 335is AW/CR 6 Speed
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: West Haven CT

iTrader: (0)

I cant comment on the m performance exhaust since I've never heard it in person but judging from a few videod around the internet I'd say they sound almost the same. Athough the M performance has a dual exhaust outlet as compared to the AA (f30) single or dual smaller tips on driver side. Maybe the sound would be slightly louder with a dual outlet exhaust like the MPE? Anyone else have any insight?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.




2addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST