E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Microfilter Service Light Will Not Reset

06-04-2015, 10:55 AM   #1
Mezzy113
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Microfilter Service Light Will Not Reset

So since I've owned my vehicle it has had the orange service reminder light come on at start up for the microfilter service and now it's gotta to the time period where the service light coming up is red (overdue).

I have looked up and read through tons of posts on how to reset the service lights which have worked for everything BUT the damn microfilter. Whenever I attempt to reset it the clock icon spins as if it is in the process of resetting and then it just goes right back to the last service date.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and have been able to find a solution or if anyone has any other routes I can try. I've taken it in to my indy and they too have tried everything they could think of with no success.

I know it isn't something to necessarily worry about but it's just super annoying to see that big red light come on every time! Any info is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzy113 View Post
So since I've owned my vehicle it has had the orange service reminder light come on at start up for the microfilter service and now it's gotta to the time period where the service light coming up is red (overdue).

I have looked up and read through tons of posts on how to reset the service lights which have worked for everything BUT the damn microfilter. Whenever I attempt to reset it the clock icon spins as if it is in the process of resetting and then it just goes right back to the last service date.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them and have been able to find a solution or if anyone has any other routes I can try. I've taken it in to my indy and they too have tried everything they could think of with no success.

I know it isn't something to necessarily worry about but it's just super annoying to see that big red light come on every time! Any info is appreciated!
I turned on my microfilter service indicator even though that indicator was disabled for LCI cars (or earlier?). There's no use to it, even manually enabled it doesn't seem to track mileage or time since last reset. I just haven't gotten around to turning it off.

If you have an android device and can install Carly, just code it out. If not, you can jump through other hoops to do the coding.
      06-04-2015, 05:59 PM   #3
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
In my 09 MF service was not turned On from factory. When I switched to the M3 gauge cluster I turned it on just for s&g

Its basically useless and annoying, so I turned it back Off

Recommended replacement is 1X per year, pretty bad if I can't remember that and need an electronic reminder...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
Mezzy113
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
In my 09 MF service was not turned On from factory. When I switched to the M3 gauge cluster I turned it on just for s&g

Its basically useless and annoying, so I turned it back Off

Recommended replacement is 1X per year, pretty bad if I can't remember that and need an electronic reminder...
Thanks for the info guys. So at this point would coding be the only way to turn it off or is that something I can access through the iDrive or other means?

Gotta find a coder in the Bay Area now then if so.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 06:35 PM   #5
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzy113 View Post
So at this point would coding be the only way to turn it off
I think so.
      06-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #6
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Mine reset through the BC stalk procedure

no problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

no problem.
Contact elliot@detailaddict in Santa Clara
he does coding.

Detail Addict is the name of the business also.
He also has and add on the coding sub forum, or is at least
a presence there.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Appreciate 0