THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Focal Speaker Upgrades in 2018 M240i

11-25-2021, 04:28 AM   #1
greatness
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: (F22) 2018 M240i

Focal Speaker Upgrades in 2018 M240i

Got speakers installed today! (2018 M240i, Hi-Fi system)

IS BMW 100L (door)
I SUB BMW 2 (=2 ohm) (woofer)
ICC BMW 100 (center)

The interesting (and awesome) thing with S. Korea is when you buy the speaker, the installation is free. At the current exchange rate, the install took 120 minutes and the speaker set cost $1500. The installer also added sound deadening material (sheets said "Brian" on them, not sure of the quality or standing for you experts).

As a non-pro-audiophile, the mid-range is the noticeable difference. Crazy clear, and emphasizes subtle parts of the song I could not hear before on the hi-fi. Having tweeters added (I needed to purchase the HK brackets) also helped. As a drop-in replacement, the center ICC BMW 100 design is interesting in that they add a tweeter in the center of the speaker.

With no amp upgrade, gains were modest, but very very noticeable and definitely improved my driving experience. I'm sure my next upgrade will be an amp, now that I have a taste of quality audio during my drives.

What actually put me over the edge was the holiday season (early Christmas gift) and having seen/digested the G42, it really cemented the F22 as a keeper.

"Thanks G42!" -American Express, probably.
Appreciate 1
deathking134.50