THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M emblems in front quarter panel

01-27-2016, 03:52 PM   #23
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil View Post
I just put in an order for an M235 yesterday and my order sheet has the following code: "3DZ Without Lines designation outside."

Haven't seen what the order forms for the earlier models, but this might be the indicator that there are no M badges. (Or, as someone said above, may just be an indicator that it doesn't have the "Luxury," etc. badge.)
3DZ is indeed the option code for deleting the front-panel M badges. If you decode the VINs from US-spec 2014 m235i, you'll see that the code does not appear. 3DZ shows up in US-spec '15s & '16s.

It'd be interesting to know if BMWNA would let someone delete 3DZ and order a car with the badges. Not impossible, of course, but my guess is that such a request would be met with resistance. Last year, I asked about doing a code 326 ("rear spoiler delete")... a factory code that exists for the model and appears in the ordering guides for multiple countries. I got a firm "NO" as an answer.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 04:00 PM   #24
YYZF22N55
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

I've seen 2015s in Canada with the side emblems
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #25
stealthwang
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i Estoril Blue

my Canadian 2016 arrived with these emblems.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 02:11 AM   #26
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Thomas Bombadil View Post
I just put in an order for an M235 yesterday and my order sheet has the following code: "3DZ Without Lines designation outside."

Haven't seen what the order forms for the earlier models, but this might be the indicator that there are no M badges. (Or, as someone said above, may just be an indicator that it doesn't have the "Luxury," etc. badge.)
3DZ is indeed the option code for deleting the front-panel M badges. If you decode the VINs from US-spec 2014 m235i, you'll see that the code does not appear. 3DZ shows up in US-spec '15s & '16s.

It'd be interesting to know if BMWNA would let someone delete 3DZ and order a car with the badges. Not impossible, of course, but my guess is that such a request would be met with resistance. Last year, I asked about doing a code 326 ("rear spoiler delete")... a factory code that exists for the model and appears in the ordering guides for multiple countries. I got a firm "NO" as an answer.
Thanks Mike. Couldn't get this kind of info outside this board :-) especially not from the dealer ........
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 02:34 AM   #27
Le frog
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Why would you plaster so many M badges on a non M?
I wish I had the choice to have them all deleted; I am glad my'15 didn't come with those side badges; and I am growing tired of explaining to every who asks that yes, it has a few M bits, but no, it's not a proper M.
I love my M235 to death, but I would stick to the mantra "less is more" thank you!
Appreciate 1