THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Dinan shockware

03-20-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
Michael Avedis
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 228 thp manual

Dinan shockware

I just had the Dinan shockware installed on my 2015 228 thp manual and I am very impressed.
The ride in comfort is slightly firmer, in sport much more so, but reasonable.

Car just rides much better than before in any setting. Yet there is still the pogo effect in the rear over larger road undulations that I figure the springs will help diminish.
At this time I am thinking of just installing the rear Dinan springs with the spacer they offer to try and keep the ride height close to stock.
My understanding is the front springs are only 10% firmer while backs are 30%.
Has any one just installed the rears, how do you feel about that?

Thank you & wishing every one good health & luck
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

I agree the Dinan shockware is great.

As for using mismatched springs, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. Lowering the rear without also lowering the fronts will introduce a fair amount of rake. That might be great for drag racing, but I can't imagine that would be good for weight transfer it would probably induce understeer.

As far as stiffer rear springs goes, I've got Swift Spec-R's. They're 250#F / 600# rear, 1" drop all around. I like them. But I can't compare them to the Dinan springs. I've never used those.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 0