THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing Kids first track day

11-25-2020, 08:58 PM   #1
pmcmtnbkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Kids first track day

Had an amazing experience at New Smyrna speedway in FL. My father recently mover to area and became friends with the owner of this track. Its a paved high bank short track that also runs a 5yr and up quarter midget track.. he arranged some seat time for my kids. I wasn't sure what to expect. What an amazing group they provided two cars from families that had kids the same build as mine. Went through tech inspection and driver training walked the track had cones set for the raing line. Then the fun began full fire suits, gloves helmets hand restraints and strapping on the car. Dam these things are cool wish I had one I could fit in. So after all this it was time to drive, and drive some more.3:30 hours later and 8 multi lap heats both kids where physically exhausted with the biggest smills on their faces . I can't say enough how touched I was buy how above and beyond every person went to give use an experience we will never forget. By the end My son was running low 8 second laps and asking for more throttle. My daughter was clocking in 10 second laps but not quite as aggressive as her younger brother. Fast lap on this track in a fully set up car with a well coached driver is 7 sec.
http://www.newsmyrnaspeedway.org/
Attached Images

Last edited by pmcmtnbkr; 11-26-2020 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
msendit415.50