THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery M240i Order Frustration

11-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #1
atmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi Sport Line

M240i Order Frustration

Hi All,

After negotiating a price (see my other thread,M240 did I do good?) I placed an order end of day on Thursday,11/07. Manager told me I had time to decide on wheels as I'm not a fan of black wheels, standard for 2020. Manager doesn't return my calls following Monday so by Thurs I go to dealership only to discover
that the order hit 150 status two days before, so no changes allowed. They attempted to trade another allocation but no go. They won't, according to the manager, get another allocation until possibly Jan, more likely Feb. so if I do a reorder I put the financing rebate and Ultimate Driving Experience credit($1K) in jeopardy.

I think BMW processed the order so quickly for their year end production numbers. Morale of the story, finalize your options from the get go.

BTW, I wanted to add a few Port installed options so I assume that went bye bye also.

I'll take delivery of course, now to try and find a set of Cerium Grey wheels.

Just a Thursday morning minor rant, thanks for reading.

John
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 06:23 AM   #2
240Newbie
Learning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19' M240 M Performance

I would have bitched at the sales manager and told him it was unacceptable that he didn't call you back in time and that if he doesn't make it right you'll just go buy somewhere else. If he didn't I'd go somewhere else and move on with my life. I don't have time for stupid people messing up something I'm paying 50-55k for.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 02:39 PM   #3
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmer View Post
Hi All,

After negotiating a price (see my other thread,M240 did I do good?) I placed an order end of day on Thursday,11/07. Manager told me I had time to decide on wheels as I'm not a fan of black wheels, standard for 2020. Manager doesn't return my calls following Monday so by Thurs I go to dealership only to discover
that the order hit 150 status two days before, so no changes allowed. They attempted to trade another allocation but no go. They won't, according to the manager, get another allocation until possibly Jan, more likely Feb. so if I do a reorder I put the financing rebate and Ultimate Driving Experience credit($1K) in jeopardy.

I think BMW processed the order so quickly for their year end production numbers. Morale of the story, finalize your options from the get go.

BTW, I wanted to add a few Port installed options so I assume that went bye bye also.

I'll take delivery of course, now to try and find a set of Cerium Grey wheels.

Just a Thursday morning minor rant, thanks for reading.

John
Port installed options can be added all the way up until vehicle has arrived stateside and has left for dealership delivery I believe.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
YerrowDriver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Port installed options can be added all the way up until vehicle has arrived stateside and has left for dealership delivery I believe.
I have seen a lot of mention of "Port Installed"
What's that? Who do you contact for that?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 11:09 PM   #5
Gdiddy23
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YerrowDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
I have seen a lot of mention of "Port Installed"
What's that? Who do you contact for that?
Your dealer should be able to refer to a list of port installed options which indicates the part #'s etc. My guess is you can prob also search the 2 series sub forum and find a list of port installed options. If not, should be able to be found via google.

I added some to my build (M340i) and my dealer sent me the list of options to pick from!
Appreciate 0