THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Initial impressions of my new BMW M235i (with pics)

01-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #23
Two3five
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX767 View Post
Since I've already ordered my 235 what is the best way to add my M performance exhaust at this stage in the game? Im semi retarded working on cars but Im fearless working on my motocross bikes. Is the installation straight forward? Is it smarter to order exhaust from my BMW dealer or outside company? Thanks in advance.
I ordered mine with the new car build and it's installed at the port, not at the dealership. To be frank, what little I've been able to hear (and see) on YouTube, the Dinan does not impress me. I only have approximately 100 miles on my car and the M Performance exhaust produces powerful and deep throaty burbling sounds. Like the Dinan on YouTube, I have yet to hear any uploaded sound clip that captures what I'm getting from my exhaust. The Armytrix sounds similar to the M but it's almost $3k before installation.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #24
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvallido View Post
Thanks for sharing. Now I'm 60/40 between MPE and Dinan.
I was able to get the M Performance exhaust for $650 shipped. Doing the install on my lift at home and taking my time I did the install in about an hour with minimal tools or effort. Since its only an axle back I just measured how long the pipe coming out of the new muffler was, marked that distance on the stock exhaust piping, and cut it with a sawzall. Then I just unhooked the valve, unbolted the hangars, and swapped them and the tips (tips were quite a bitch to get on and off reusing the stock ones but is doable) back on with the included clamp and I was done. Having the lift made it easier, but if you can get the rear on some ramps or jack stands, it would be more than enough work to get to everything you need access to.
Appreciate 0