THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning after market exhaust

05-15-2014, 11:57 PM   #23
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ View Post
Even I'd like to know ....
i've noticed some of the things Captain_Burgundy posts and can't help to wonder if he's trollin
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 01:59 AM   #24
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Burgundy View Post
The dealer told me there are 2 versions of the M235i axle back exhaust.
1- TUV. 2 - Export/Racing
Number 2 is louder and does not meet emissions in Europe. I am thinking of going for the TUV. I need to ask if that includes a down pipe or not. I am thinking the m235i should sound similar to the M135i TUV but it could be tuned slightly different. Here is a video for the M135i TUV Exhaust

on the m135i they have 2 versions. 1 with tüv and 1 race version.
for the m235i they only have a race version!

it`s not because of the emissions. we need certifications by the tüv to drive parts over here. the race version doesn`t have one since it`s just too loud! so they didn`t even try to get this certification for the exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
I'm confused. so manhart is considered TUV?
not on the m235i.

MANHART MH2 400 Partout
FS: MANHART MHtronik Tuning Box
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...5#post18819345
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #25
RAJ
(-.-)
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i/ F10 535i XDrive

The only thing that can help either of us considering the Manhart is either buy it and see for your self or some one with the exhaust on the M235i will have to us with a detailed video to pull the trigger on that for now !
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #26
RAJ
(-.-)
United_States
Rep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGl0pQSTD3Q

Found this if it helps !

Just not sure how this would sound on the 235
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #27
Captain_Burgundy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Min Gray / Coral / 6MT

Trolling? for What? I just want to upgrade my cars exhaust. I don't know much about exhausts, and no nothing about whats in Europe, here is just a copy of what the email from the dealer told me unless he is wrong. Contact Omar at Velos Designworks.

Dear ****,

Thanks for the inquiry. The exhaust for your car including shipping and duties in US currency is $1675. It yield gains of roughly 18hp and 20 lb ft of torque. It will not throw a check engine light. The comfort and ECO are controlled by the vacuum in the back and not doing to be able to be controlled with this system. There is a TUV version quoted above that has a medium tone and an export version which is a little louder and $150 less. Let me know.

Best Regards,
      05-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #28
Captain_Burgundy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Update:

There is now a Remus Exhaust on the market, gives a little more of a "hot bmw" sound and less bassy then the Manhart Exhaust.

I am in a dilema between these two. Also the cabin in the Remus Video did not seem very loud, which is what Im most concerned about, not the drive by's of what others are hearing. I heard on the m135 forum that these cars are really insulated well, and they do seem much better insulated than my last e92.
I will ask the dealer again about any dynos, but how is a Manhart axle back(claiming 18 hp) producing more hp than a catback exhaust from Remus??? I have no idea of the engineering going on, maybe someone could explain?

I still prefer the Manhart sound slightly but concerns:
1. What it actually sounds like in the cabin live
2. Highway drone

Last edited by Captain_Burgundy; 05-20-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #29
RAJ
(-.-)
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Update:

There is now a Remus Exhaust on the market, gives a little more of a "hot bmw" sound and less bassy then the Manhart Exhaust.

I am in a dilema between these to. Also the cabin in the Remus Video did not seem very loud, which is what Im most concerned about not the drive by's of what others are hearing. I heard on the m135 forum that these cars are really insulated well, they do seem much better insulated than my last e92.
I will ask the dealer again about any dynos, but how is an Manhart axle back(claiming 18 hp) producing more hp than a catback exhaust from Remus. I have not idea of the engineering going on, maybe someone could explain.

I still prefer the Manhart sound slightly but concerns:
1. What it actually sounds like in the cabin live
2. Highway drone

IMO Manhart over Remus..... I'm waiting for eisenmann to come up with something so that i would have better choice .....
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #30
Captain_Burgundy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Velos Design Works is looking at getting a Dyno chart for their Manhart Axle Back Exhaust for the M235i, he said he was also going to see if they had any in cabin videos. I will post anything I receive.

Supersprint has a nice exhaust but it might be too loud for me, and the price is getting a bit steep at 2K, and maybe more for other versions.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #31
RAJ
(-.-)
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Velos Design Works is looking at getting a Dyno chart for their Manhart Axle Back Exhaust for the M235i, he said he was also going to see if they had any in cabin videos. I will post anything I receive.

Supersprint has a nice exhaust but it might be too loud for me, and the price is getting a bit steep at 2K, and maybe more for other versions.

Looking forward for the Manhart !
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #32
Captain_Burgundy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Attached is Manhart M235 Dyno with Exhaust+Down Pipe + Tune. No dyno with just Exhaust.

So basically I think we are going to only get maybe 10hp to 15hp at best from just the exhaust, however I am mostly interested in the sound and feeling in the cabin. I was told there is very little drone below 2500 rpm and supposedly none after that. This is basically the gamble with being an early adopter. Going to think it over the next week or so.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf M235i_443PS.pdf (96.8 KB, 284 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #33
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

I'm more concern how the aftermarket sounds and costs over how much more power it makes. Heck, if it could sound as good as the Jaguar F Type and make less power than stock I buy it
Appreciate 0