THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Convertible Weatherstripping Squeaking - 2019 F23 M240i

12-11-2023, 11:07 AM   #1
Dood76
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M240xi Convertible

Convertible Weatherstripping Squeaking - 2019 F23 M240i

Hello,

I have a 2019 M240i F23 Convertible. Recently, as the weather has gotten colder, I have started to notice some very annoying squeaking/creaking noises coming from the convertible top area.

I was able to diagnose the problem to the weatherstripping on the actual convertible top (rear driver side part). I had someone else drive the car (with the roof partially up) while I applied pressure to this part of the weatherstripping, and it significantly reduced the noise. The section I am referring to is highlighted in red boxes in the pictures below:
View post on imgur.com

So, the squeaking does not appear to happen where the weatherstripping makes contact with the "base" of the car, but rather within the weatherstripping itself or where it connects to the metal part of the convertible roof. I have applied Gummi-pflege and silicone spray in these areas but they do not seem to help at all.

Also, this is occurring on the driver side and the weatherstripping seems to be slightly looser than on the passenger side. So that may be a factor, but I am unsure on how to "tighten" it.

Any fixes or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Appreciate 0