THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Buying first new car. 228i Northern NJ

12-29-2014, 10:16 PM   #23
F22santiago
Banned
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue 6 Speed M240i

Get a quote wih your dealer/dealers and then i might be able to have my dealer better it.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #24
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

1) about price, work on a complete price including- tax and all fees, they will probably counter-offer so make sure you leave enough wiggle room in your original offer to come to a compromise.

2) about order form which probably won't be the sales form, try to read the fine print on the back, concerning refund, or amount of time you have to pay for car once it arrives,

3) Consumer Reports will warn of the little B.S. fees a dealer may try to sneak into a sales contract - I didn't run into any shenanigans when shopping, the sales people at the BMW dealerships in my area were all great.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 09:16 AM   #25
mrcheezle19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M2C 6MT

Just go in with confidence, when you appear unknowledgeable that's when they don't really play ball as they figure it's your first car purchase and they're not gonna give you everything you want. Like others said email dealers since that's the easiest way and less of a headache most of the time.

It looks like you're pretty set on how you want the car, my only advice is when buying a car like this enjoy it, add a few luxury items. For me (my preference) it's hard to justify the premium for a BMW, but then get none of the options that make a BMW worth it. I buy a Ford Focus for my no frills car, my BMW will be optioned well and worth the coin I'm spending. 40k can buy a lot of car. Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #26
inktomi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 EBII M235i

This might be an out-there idea, but hear me out. I'm doing euro delivery on an M235i next Saturday..

You can probably get 10+% off the invoice price by picking up in Munich. That's many thousand dollars. You can easily spend a few days there and stay under that and still save money overall ($1300 for round trip airfare, hotels are around $100/$150 a night). Maybe something to consider? Shop around for sure at the very least (even flying halfway across North America might save you a lot..)!

I didn't get the premium package, and did get the tech. I have the Dakota leather in my 328i and it really doesn't hold up that well in the Las Vegas heat (even with conditioning etc). I wanted some of premium package options - but really wanted the Sensatec.. I know what you're going through with the package deal stuff BMW does =\
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #27
2yo
Private
Rep
Drives: '15 228i xDrive

Looks like what I have left is color choice and when I want to place the order. Any time of the month or year that is better deal wise that those who have owned prior bmw's know of?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 07:23 PM   #28
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant601 View Post
Looks like what I have left is color choice and when I want to place the order. Any time of the month or year that is better deal wise that those who have owned prior bmw's know of?
When the manufacturer has an incentive over and beyond your best deal from the dealer. I purchased during a summer manufacturer incentive. Or a ride and drive event with an additional manufacturer incentive (July)
End of month and a slow month / which January may be.

I personally don't try to play one dealer against another or require below invoice pricing, I read what others are paying on the forum and devise what I think is a fair/good price. Then I find a dealership I like, nice salespeople, watch others cars being prepped for delivery and hang around service counter/cashier to see how people are being treated.
I also like to handle my offer through e-mail to my sales associate.
And I never deal if there is any kind of time restraint / meaning that I have to sign papers by a certain time.
I like to verify all deposits are refundable and that the deposit is not excessive.

And offer like this...
F22santiago 11:16 PM 12-29-2014
Get a quote wih your dealer/dealers and then i might be able to have my dealer better it.

Sometimes forum members can recommend a salesman.
Appreciate 0