THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) The Best Detailing Towels for Pennies on the Dollar!

02-03-2016, 09:49 AM   #23
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Previous: F22 M235i ; F80 M3 ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008
I've been posting for about a year and a half now. I know a few members here, some from C&C's, some from the many detail clinics that I've put on and some from the web. I get asked to post on quite a few forums but I only have so much time so I usually limit myself to forums of people who really care about their cars. In other words, you probably won't find me on the Ford Geo Metro forums.
Thank for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 12:39 PM   #24
Fasteddy1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Hey, Junkman, I just wanted to say thanks. I have been enjoying your videos for quite a while now. I love the one where you show how to dry a car with water.

And also, the rags are great. I use the eagle edge less for wax removal and the waffle weave for drying. I may have to try some of these Pluffels.

Pat
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #25
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

My pluffle 2 pack just came in. Man, you weren't kidding!! These things are stupid soft and have like zero grab. I thought my chemical guys professional grade towels were slick. This takes the cake. Granted they serve two different purposes.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd say the chemical guys have a grab of 1.5 while the pluffle is a .5 at most. Very satisfied.

I'm good on microfiber now. I have the pluffle for drying, CG for exterior body and glass, some interior (don't remember from where) and some "work horse" grade towels for rims or whatever I don't worry about too much.

What do you guys use to hold/organize your mf towels after you've cleaned them?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #26
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
I like sealed stackable bins which keep them free from dust and contaminants . I organize them by category such as polish, QD, glass, lower tier, disposable, waffle weave, drying, cotton, mitts, etc. I also keep a hamper handy for the dirty towels.

I made platforms for the bin stacks so I can roll them around if needed. Very handy.

02-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #27
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharo1 View Post
Thank for sharing.
Thanks for watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasteddy1 View Post
Hey, Junkman, I just wanted to say thanks. I have been enjoying your videos for quite a while now. I love the one where you show how to dry a car with water.

And also, the rags are great. I use the eagle edge less for wax removal and the waffle weave for drying. I may have to try some of these Pluffels.

Pat
Pat, when I say mom and pop company, that's just what these guys are. They seem like this humongous company with conveyor belts and robots everywhere but they were running this business out of their garage at their house while holding down their regular full time jobs. When I Googled their shipping address, I kept looking for a warehouse or building of some sort but I kept ending up in a neighborhood on Google maps. That's when I decided to call them and find out what was up.

They finally moved the operation out of their garage but it really is a mom and pop operation, just like my own business (although I'm missing the "mom" part ). You won't do business with nicer and honest down to earth people. I'm proud to use their products and steer people to my good fortune anytime I can, after I get mine first! I had a heck of a time getting any Zaino towels after I spoke kindly of them!

Quote:
My pluffle 2 pack just came in. Man, you weren't kidding!! These things are stupid soft and have like zero grab. I thought my chemical guys professional grade towels were slick. This takes the cake. Granted they serve two different purposes.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd say the chemical guys have a grab of 1.5 while the pluffle is a .5 at most. Very satisfied.
I would have never given them my word of approval if I didn't know for a fact that people such as yourself would be happy with them. I'm just tickled that I found them.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUE02 View Post
I like sealed stackable bins which keep them free from dust and contaminants .
That's exactly what I use.
      02-04-2016, 11:34 PM   #28
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUE02 View Post
I like sealed stackable bins which keep them free from dust and contaminants . I organize them by category such as polish, QD, glass, lower tier, disposable, waffle weave, drying, cotton, mitts, etc. I also keep a hamper handy for the dirty towels.

I made platforms for the bin stacks so I can roll them around if needed. Very handy.

I like this thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 08:31 AM   #29
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

I also use rolling bins like that to hold all my stuff for detailing. Great minds think alike.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 11:40 AM   #30
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I just cleaned out a rolling storage bin that I had sitting in the garage just for my towels as well. Also cleared off a shelf and made it a dedicated detailing shelf.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #31
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I just cleaned out a rolling storage bin that I had sitting in the garage just for my towels as well. Also cleared off a shelf and made it a dedicated detailing shelf.
Nice! Can't be too organized!

I also like having all my detailing stuff separate. I have a room in my basement dedicated to all my detailing overstock and a file cabinet in the garage for stuff I like to have at hand.

I like labels!

Places to dry wet stuff can be handy, too. You may be able to incorporate that into your shelf.

02-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #32
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Wow! Man, I thought I was doing good with my Sharpie and blue painter's tape lol.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 04:24 PM   #33
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wow! Man, I thought I was doing good with my Sharpie and blue painter's tape lol.
Lol! OCD...a cross I must bear!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 10:43 AM   #34
Legal Bill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Thank you Junk Man. I just got an order in from Detailed Image and I'm going to have to try that drag-over-the-hand test with the new towels I purchased and a bunch of others that I have out in the garage. Very informative and fun video. I enjoy your enthusiasm for the subject.

NEUEO2, that is a very clean, well organized garage and I hate you for making mine look like a mess!!! Just kidding of course. I have a great roller chest and work bench, but my storage is all open shelving and you can see everything out in the open which looks very messy by comparison to your closed units. Even with the doors open, however, your units look nice and neat and well organized. Congratulations. I may have to go out and spend a few dollars on storage upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 12:09 PM   #35
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Bill View Post
Thank you Junk Man. I just got an order in from Detailed Image and I'm going to have to try that drag-over-the-hand test with the new towels I purchased and a bunch of others that I have out in the garage. Very informative and fun video. I enjoy your enthusiasm for the subject.
Well please let me know what you find out. I am very curious to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal Bill View Post
I have a great roller chest and work bench, but my storage is all open shelving and you can see everything out in the open which looks very messy by comparison to your closed units.
I use open shelving racks on wheels for all of my bottled products so that so that I can roll them over to the car when I'm working. I have two full racks of product.

02-17-2016, 05:17 PM   #36
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Well please let me know what you find out. I am very curious to know.

I use open shelving racks on wheels for all of my bottled products so that so that I can roll them over to the car when I'm working. I have two full racks of product.

I like the addition of Hugs the detailing teddy bear You guys are making me jealous man. My garage has far too much misc. stuff in it.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #37
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I like the addition of Hugs the detailing teddy bear
That bear has been with me for YEARS. He is my reminder that, "Some days, you eat the bear. Some days, the bear eats you."
      04-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #38
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
Amazon prime two day shipping and no tax (until this year) makes it my defacto site. I spent thousands with them last year lol.
Don't forget the Ebates...or at least we can on the Canadian Amazon.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 09:47 AM   #39
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjnj View Post
Don't forget the Ebates...or at least we can on the Canadian Amazon.
WTH??? I wonder if I've been missing out.

Build thread
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 09:50 AM   #40
Cjnj
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i xdrive

Quote:
WTH??? I wonder if I've been missing out.
I'd check it out if I were you
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 08:47 PM   #41
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

Oh snap! I forgot about ebates.
Appreciate 0