THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning PTF BM3 FlexFuel Kit **NEW PRODUCT**

12-03-2021, 10:50 AM   #1
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Talking PTF BM3 FlexFuel Kit **NEW PRODUCT**

We are proud to bring out this truly awesome product that makes getting the required Flex Fuel hardware on your BMW with incredible ease and minimal effort, in your own driveway, with FREE shipping included anywhere in USA / Canada.

Our kit is entirely plug and play with the factory vehicle harness. No cutting, splicing or de-pinning OEM wiring/connectors. It installs in 5 minutes and can be removed without a trace on the car in even less time!

Our team used SolidWorks to design a Flow Optimized Flex Fuel Sensor Adapter (FFSA) to ensure fuel flow is unobstructed and with no added pressure drop at full fuel pump flow from the fuel tank to your motor when our kit is installed. This is important when pushing the factory fuel system with all the power Ethanol can provide over petrol!

Flex fuel sensor housing is designed to neatly install into the factory BMW fuel hat location. It features top of the line fuel hose manufactured and pressure tested in house by industry leaders in fuel line components, XRP.

Flex Fuel Sensor Adapter also contains two 1/8 NPT ports that allow installation of an auxiliary Fuel Pressure sensor for vehicles that don’t come with an OEM one from the factory for future use. Depending on fitment, either port can be used.

Install the BM3 Flex Fuel Plug and Play Kit and flash your flex fuel enabled BM3 OTS MultiMap or Custom Map in minutes and you’re off to the races never worrying about alcohol/petrol blend % in your fuel tank. It does not get better or easier than this!

BM3 FlexFuel Plug and Play Kit:

5mins to install at home as opposed to hours at a shop with car up on lift fabricating/cutting into factory fuel lines and splicing/cutting/pinning into OEM electrical
4+ hours in time/cost savings to get going on Flex Fuel as compared to most other kits that require making custom fuel lines, fittings and custom wiring!
Fully reversible/removable and back to stock without a trace in 5 minutes
Custom 3-piece Aluminum-6061 Flex Fuel sensor adapter with built-in sensor bypass to allow for obstruction free fuel flow made to fit in the vehicle factory fuel hat area below the rear seat
All connecting points sealed with fuel safe Viton o-rings
Flex Fuel Sensor Adapter housing provides additional 1/8 NPT ports for optional Fuel Pressure sensor addition to vehicles without a factory one for BM3 CustomROM v2 support
CANBUS Enabled Ethanol Content Analyzer (ECA) that integrates with BM3 CustomROM for complete and seamless conversion of your BMW to FlexFuel for BM3 Flex Fuel enabled OTS MultiMaps and custom tunes with your BM3 tuner of choice
Power/CANBus 4-wire plug and play harness
100% Fully Plug and Play harness to the BMW Fuel Controller connectors (EKP3) on S55, N55 vehicles
Continental Flex Fuel sensor 3-wire harness
Custom Aluminum-6061 CANBus Enclosure for the BM3 ECA board
Custom Fuel Line by XRP, kink-free teflon braided line allowing plug and play with the OEM fuel hat and factory 5/16” fuel feed line. No cutting or new lines required.
-6 AN fitting by Racetronix

*** NOTE *** B58 (Gen1 and Gen2) vehicle plug and play harness is in the works. While we suggest waiting for the plug and play harness, for those eager to get going right away and who don't mind tapping 4 wires as per our instructions (12v power, Ground and CAN_H and CAN_L wires)

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
selbyp93163.50
      12-06-2021, 01:19 PM   #2
Efftooto
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

So let me get this straight. I install this unit, throw an E85 mixture into my tank, and the sensor - along with my CustomROM bm3 map (like the Stage 2 multimap) automatically figures out the ethanol percentage and customizes my tune on the fly? No guessing or calculating?

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 01:52 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efftooto View Post
So let me get this straight. I install this unit, throw an E85 mixture into my tank, and the sensor - along with my CustomROM bm3 map (like the Stage 2 multimap) automatically figures out the ethanol percentage and customizes my tune on the fly? No guessing or calculating?

Chris
Correct

Appreciate 1
      12-06-2021, 10:21 PM   #4
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

Dude, that's rad.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 09:27 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb-slow View Post
Dude, that's rad.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 11:36 PM   #6
selbyp93
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Whoa this is epic.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 09:30 AM   #7
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by selbyp93 View Post
Whoa this is epic.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #8
rtl32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Installed mine after it got delivered today!

OVERALL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Remove rear seat and x5 10mm plastic nuts from lpfp cover (and the cover duh).

Disconnect lpfp wire and fill the hole with paper towel.

Remove low pressure line surrounded by something to absorb the decent amount of fuel that will come out (my car had just been run so it was definitely at the 84psi it runs at, watch your eyes).

Plug in the sensor to the lpfp directly with the black hose. Plug the oem blue fuel line to the hard black line elbow on the sensor. Spin it around and dis/reconnect until you figure out how it fits (look at the pic at the top of the thread that's how mine worked too, silver shaft on sensor faces and is perpendicular to my trunk and is in front of the lpfp connection).

Connect the factory lpfp harness to it's original spot.

Plug 1 of 3 connections into the flex fuel sensor. Place the rest of the harness outside the lpfp access hole after threading it through the lpfp cover's rubber hole. Cut a slit in the rubber plug and use that to route wire into passenger compartment. Reinstall the cover..

After removing passenger back seat shoulder rest as described above plug 2 and 3 into the fuel control unit on the left (the bigger red connection comes out and is piggybacked with the bm3 harness)

Replace all seats and make sure you have a customrom map flashed.

Enjoy! Took me less than 30 minutes and I'm no stranger to working on vehicles.

The sensor itself and the harness looks very solid and well built. It installed without a problem, made me play some fuel line tetris above my lpfp to get it to fit nicely under the top disc as it kind of just lives there now.. No real mounting plan from the looks of it but I made it work. No rattles or knocks.

Scratched my head a bit after looking at the two block like connections and wondering why the wires were so long.. Took a few minutes to figure out it piggybacks the fuel module control unit behind the right shoulder/backrest (lay down the backrest, then pull the remaining side pad out from the bottom first and then yank the top straight out). I shoved the box into the space under the module without any issue or need for more fastening.

No instructions included but honestly if you're at the point with your car where this is something you're doing yourself (aka playing with ethanol mixes, because you need fuel system upgrades to actually use this on N55), it shouldn't be too hard to figure out..

Started my car and it fired up first turn just like usual. I'm stage 2+ OTS right now. Was decently above 3/4 of a tank, 34f 30% humidity and 500' DA. My ethanol read 32% and 59f. I drove around, it feels great. Put another 1.5gal E85 (85%) in the tank it rose to 38%. Then another 1.5gal E85 and it rose to 43% and I started having HPFP crashes during WOT pulls. Seems to me that it's more of a tune issue combined with my Dorch stage 1 hpfp. Throttle closures and crashes have always happened past E37 for me on this tune. But that's okay because these maps are middle stages for me before my turbo upgrade this spring. Then I'll be getting a custom flex fuel map.. (In warmer weather I was able to get away with E42 and using the flexfuel override liveadjust setting without any crashes).

Log a few minutes after install for reference. Tried slowly ramping the throttle to try and avoid crashes. Didn't work.

https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=61b2...90c6237f7ca538

(I know I definitely have a boost/vaccum leak based on my STFT and boost differences I'm working on it)

Now we just need the Dorch lift kit for N55 and we will be able to run full E85 in a singularly controlled DI system!! Dorch responded to my email about it a few days ago saying they are on track for limited availability Mid-January and full commercial access in late February.

Now can anybody tell me if it's safe to run regular pump gas on the 2+ tune now that it will detect that there isn't 30% in the tank? From the reading I did from the customrom release notes it looks like the flexfuel measurement is used to multiply/add aggressiveness upwards from base maps used in the tune as ethanol is increased.. As such I don't expect the 2+ E30 base map to be kind enough for pump gas so I might flash to stage 2 again because I've already had throttle closure and hpfp crashes as is..
14' Alpine White M235i 6MT, BM3 Stg2+, VRSF DP-CP-FMIC, Dinan Muffler, GFB DV+, 3.5 bar MAP, Dorch Stg1 HPFP, NGK 97506, BM3 Flexfuel Kit, CDV delete, KW V3, EDC delete, Powerflex Camber LCA bushings, VMR 801 18x8.5/9.5 et45, Conti Extremecontact 235/265

Next step: M2 Competition or Manual Supra MKV build Summer 2022

Last edited by rtl32; 12-27-2021 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 09:21 PM   #9
rtl32
Private First Class
Rep

You know.. If I had watched the video from Kies before I did the install my life would be easier.. Lol you live and learn.
14' Alpine White M235i 6MT, BM3 Stg2+, VRSF DP-CP-FMIC, Dinan Muffler, GFB DV+, 3.5 bar MAP, Dorch Stg1 HPFP, NGK 97506, BM3 Flexfuel Kit, CDV delete, KW V3, EDC delete, Powerflex Camber LCA bushings, VMR 801 18x8.5/9.5 et45, Conti Extremecontact 235/265

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 09:13 AM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtl32 View Post
You know.. If I had watched the video from Kies before I did the install my life would be easier.. Lol you live and learn.
But it's even more impressive you did it on your own without the video

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 02:42 PM   #11
rtl32
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
But it's even more impressive you did it on your own without the video
Thank you!

You guys have the dorch lift kit for N55 on your website.. Is that a preorder or do you have them in stock?

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 03:46 PM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtl32 View Post
Thank you!

You guys have the dorch lift kit for N55 on your website.. Is that a preorder or do you have them in stock?
I'm still waiting on Dorch to post the ETA, no set date yet

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 03:19 PM   #13
SnarfSnarf
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Installed in about 15 minutes, skill level 5/10. Very straight forward installation and the Kies video helps a lot especially with getting your seatbelts back through the holes easily.

I've been running it for 2 weeks now and it's been working flawlessly. Due to a lack of E85 options around here sometimes my station is out and I have varying blend levels until they refill the E85 tanks. So far logs look good, getting around 14-16 PSI boost target based on differing blends, hitting target boost and curves look good. Car feels great and I'll be looking to do Stage 2 HPFP soon to go full E85.

For the lift kit coming soon, this is going to be aimed at people at stage2 turbo upgrade and beyond is that correct mike?

@mike
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 06:03 PM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnarfSnarf View Post
Installed in about 15 minutes, skill level 5/10. Very straight forward installation and the Kies video helps a lot especially with getting your seatbelts back through the holes easily.

I've been running it for 2 weeks now and it's been working flawlessly. Due to a lack of E85 options around here sometimes my station is out and I have varying blend levels until they refill the E85 tanks. So far logs look good, getting around 14-16 PSI boost target based on differing blends, hitting target boost and curves look good. Car feels great and I'll be looking to do Stage 2 HPFP soon to go full E85.

For the lift kit coming soon, this is going to be aimed at people at stage2 turbo upgrade and beyond is that correct mike?

@mike
the lift kit is used to push even more fuel , it is typically needed at stage turbo power but it could vary depending on your custom map.

If your logs look good now, you don't need more fueling but you can always discuss that option with your tuner as they might be able to push more power with the lift kit

Appreciate 0