THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics B58 (M240i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning New Gold & CF exhaust tips faded

10-31-2021, 09:04 PM   #1
BillG2A
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240 6spd.

Beware sometime even easy mods are not so easy. Last month I replaced the BMW OEM black clip-on 3" tips with XPH CARBON FIBER TIPS FOR BMW M235 & M240. Mine were losing gloss , I wanted something larger and a little color in back.

The replacements were great looking new and at 3.75" the largest fit with OEM rear diffuser. After 3 weeks the gold color has faded (is mostly gone) - not so attractive and disappointing

Mike and Marianne at XPH provided good customer service and issued a refund and alternatively offered
to replace them, but suggested it would probably recur based on recent customer feedback. They said that they thought it was due to heat in southern states. Not sure about that , it is fall in Georgia. But they were not OEM and I took their suggestion.

Beware - I thought it was going to be an easy replacement but had to cut 1.25" and grind off exhaust alignment studs on OEM exhausts for proper fit of these replacements, so even if I have my black BMW tips repainted and reinstalled they are going to be sitting deeper under the rear bumper than desired.

Photos below of as new replacements and Black OEM. Could not load the after picture or fitment issue picture leading to cutting pipe - but the after picture shows the previously gold was mostly bare metal.

https://x-ph.com/xph-carbon-fiber-ti...set-of-2-tips/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 09:21 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

the gold finish will eventually fade as you know it's not real gold

we offer a 1 year warranty on the carbon finish on the outside but unfortunately the inside color will discolor with time due to the heat

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0