THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Fabspeed Bypass Exhaust

05-25-2016, 09:21 AM   #23
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
I'm dealing with it right now.

Its just such a pain in the ass since its such a loud bass 2600 - 3200 rpm which you cant get around.

While driving you can shift before or after, and it dosent affect highway driving, but cold start and leaving the house in the morning i feel like a 18 year old in a evo or wrx... Other than that it does sound great.

Its roughly 83db loud which is pretty loud. I'll let you know if i get kicked off the track since they have a 84db limit.

But as far as everyone saying its the most perfect exhaust, blah blah... Youll see what i mean when you get it.
This is the exact thing I was getting with the AWE exhaust.

Seems this motor simply isnt built to handle an aftermarket exhaust within this RPM range...
Appreciate 1
MLJR235116.50
      05-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #24
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
I'm dealing with it right now.

Its just such a pain in the ass since its such a loud bass 2600 - 3200 rpm which you cant get around.

While driving you can shift before or after, and it dosent affect highway driving, but cold start and leaving the house in the morning i feel like a 18 year old in a evo or wrx... Other than that it does sound great.

Its roughly 83db loud which is pretty loud. I'll let you know if i get kicked off the track since they have a 84db limit.

But as far as everyone saying its the most perfect exhaust, blah blah... Youll see what i mean when you get it.
This is the exact thing I was getting with the AWE exhaust.

Seems this motor simply isnt built to handle an aftermarket exhaust within this RPM range...

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 02:33 AM   #25
nick48
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i xDrive

I got the sportcat dp.. originally installed the midpipe and muffler delete with it and lasted a day with it... I've straight piped my motorcycle but this was wayyyyy louder than I ever expected.

Thinking about putting back just the muffler delete but worried about the cold start mostly.
Appreciate 1
MLJR235116.50
      12-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #26
MLJR235
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick48 View Post
I got the sportcat dp.. originally installed the midpipe and muffler delete with it and lasted a day with it... I've straight piped my motorcycle but this was wayyyyy louder than I ever expected.

Thinking about putting back just the muffler delete but worried about the cold start mostly.
lol holly 2016 thread revive

But for real, your cold starts will be epic hahaha. Not sure where you live so it may not be a big deal as it only goes full tilt loudness for about 30 seconds... If you think that will be an issue you can either tune off the cold starts with MHD or BM3 or not do the muffler delete, it's pretty much what it comes down to.

Remember you'll likely drone and sound like a trumpet around 2700-3000 rpm too, soooo proceed at your own risk
      12-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #27
nick48
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i xDrive

lol yea I might look into either tune off the cold start or just compromise with something less intense... maybe just a MPE. I'm trying to find a reasonable balance between stock and "I'm embarrassed operating this thing"
Appreciate 0