THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW set all-time sales record in 2021: Electro-offensive and #1 in premium segment

01-13-2022, 06:37 PM   #23
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I guess we will see.
One thing I can say is that the chip shortage isn't close to ending. It's possible BMW has procured everything it needs for 2022, but from what I am seeing at work, it is actually getting harder to get certain types of ICs. We are buying whatever small quantities of PMICs and other switching regulators we can find from grey market sources for huge markups. We can barely source enough to prototype anything. There is huge demand for chips on these older process nodes and no appetite to invest in them.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24824.50
      01-13-2022, 10:13 PM   #24
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl0ud7 View Post
how???????????????

I thought we had a chip shortage..........

someones lying their ass off
Chip shortage = record revenue and profits for chip companies and their customers like auto companies. So why will the chip shortage end? Demand > supply, due to brilliant chip shortage marketing and PR 🙇*♂️….and lots of money in the economy right now.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 01:49 AM   #25
Sporck
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIERsr View Post
Many greetings to all those who "oh that grille, Bmw will lose a lot of customers, this is my last Bmw".
That is excactly what I thought. How many people have been bitching about BMW M pissing off customers in the last year. It's probably like my salesman said: All the people who complain don't buy the M models anyway.
Appreciate 2
VIERsr2620.50
Sedan_Clan24824.50
      01-14-2022, 02:25 AM   #26
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporck View Post
That is excactly what I thought. How many people have been bitching about BMW M pissing off customers in the last year. It's probably like my salesman said: All the people who complain don't buy the M models anyway.
Bingo!
While the haters complain on social media about cars they would never buy (and maybe can't even afford...), the buyers are out there enjoying their M
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24824.50