THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum HELP! stage 1 issues/ charge pipe issues

01-05-2022, 01:00 PM   #1
2XM2LUC
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 228i

Exclamation HELP! stage 1 issues/ charge pipe issues

Recently I have decided to mod my manual 2015 228i, I chose to go with an afe stage 2 intake with a dry filter, this went on perfectly, I also purchased a vrsf charge pipe as they are notoriously not great. Charge pipe showed with no vacuum line plug/cover. While waiting for vrsf I tuned my car with bm3, worked great, great power, great torque, good turbo noise, etc. I digress..., I installed the charge pipe and went for a spin, got a check engine light almost immediately, looked at bm3 and had two errors, one for too much air, and one for too rich fuel, forgot to save the fault codes themselves, have been tinkering on it and will again tonight, rough idle, stalled itself once, whats the deal, do I need a custom tune to change the maf sensors opinion on the volume of air?
Appreciate 0