THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Anyone have boostpipe failure?

04-03-2021, 05:06 AM   #1
illmatic37
Rep
Drives: m235i, 330ci, 635csi

Anyone have boostpipe failure?

Is the boostpipe (turbo to intercooler pipe) prone to failure like the chargepipe? I’ve only seen one YT vid of someone upgrading the boost pipe. I understand that it is not plastic like the charge pipe, was wondering how many people are running a tune with the stock boost pipe, and if they’ve run into any issues. I’m planning on upgrading my intercooler so if I was going to upgrade the BP I’d do it at the same time. It looks like it’s in a pretty tight location to access. The one YT video I saw wasn’t very clear about replacing the boost pipe, it focused more on he intercooler.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 10:26 AM   #2
dalderks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

From what I've read, the TIC pipe is pretty robust. I didn't replace/upgrade mine when I upgraded my IC and CP. I've been running stage 1 BM3/stage 1 MHD over the last year and a half (so not the most amount of boost). That being said, there's a lot of labor overlap if you do it all at the same time. Just make sure you get all the couplers tight... I made that mistake on the CP and had to chase a boost leak.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #3
jb-slow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m235i

I upgraded mine when I was putting in my intercooler. Not sure it's necessary but I did it for piece of mind, all hard pipes, can't possibly fail.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2021, 11:42 PM   #4
illmatic37
Rep
Drives: m235i, 330ci, 635csi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalderks View Post
From what I've read, the TIC pipe is pretty robust. I didn't replace/upgrade mine when I upgraded my IC and CP. I've been running stage 1 BM3/stage 1 MHD over the last year and a half (so not the most amount of boost). That being said, there's a lot of labor overlap if you do it all at the same time. Just make sure you get all the couplers tight... I made that mistake on the CP and had to chase a boost leak.
I guess might as well since I’m going to be in there anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb-slow View Post
I upgraded mine when I was putting in my intercooler. Not sure it's necessary but I did it for piece of mind, all hard pipes, can't possibly fail.
I ended up doing the same. At first it looked like it was gonna or a pain but ended up being easier than the CP. can’t see the mounting from the bottom, but you can see it from the top. I got one from FTP, didn’t know they were China based until I got the tracking email. Was a little hesitant at first but the fitment was excellent.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 09:12 PM   #5
Rowie01
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic37 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalderks View Post
I guess might as well since I’m going to be in there anyways
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb-slow View Post
I ended up doing the same. At first it looked like it was gonna or a pain but ended up being easier than the CP. can’t see the mounting from the bottom, but you can see it from the top. I got one from FTP, didn’t know they were China based until I got the tracking email. Was a little hesitant at first but the fitment was excellent.
I did the same thing - was in there anyway so upgraded it while there - just for peace of mind.