THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB CEL this morning "Transfer Box"

12-04-2020, 07:16 AM   #1
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

CEL this morning "Transfer Box"

Started my M240i this morning and got a check engine light. Used Bimmer Link and got the information below, which may or may not be the source of the CEL (I dunno). Also posting what I found searching the code on the interwebs.

Any ideas on what more specifically it might be?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
2jzs15
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235ix

My car has this code too, but it has never triggered a CEL. I was never able to find anything about it.

It only comes up in BimmerLink. If I scan the car with ISTA, it doesn't show up.

On a semi-related note, I had a 2020 330ix as a loaner car a few months ago. I scanned it with BimmerLink out of curiosity. It also had a transfer case code that I couldn't find any info about. It was: 440216 - Clutch Function: Emergency function has been activated.
Appreciate 0