THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Exhaust tips - Stock, BMS, MPE

05-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #23
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosstradamus View Post
Anyone had any luck with finding replacement tips that fit the stock exhaust and are long enough for an m-perf diffuser? I dont want to modify the stock exhaust or use extenders, just want to add longer tips but having trouble finding some.
You can always give option #2 a try and report back (BMS tips). I don't think there are any pictures of this setup posted, so maybe it will be ok. BMS tips are not that expensive to try. I initially said no because my BMS tips on stock exhaust barely extended past my exotics tuning diffuser, which doesn't stick out as far as the Mperformance diffuser, but that was a personal judgment call on my part. Let us know if you decide to try.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #24
Mosstradamus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imalazeeass View Post
Quote:
Anyone had any luck with finding replacement tips that fit the stock exhaust and are long enough for an m-perf diffuser? I dont want to modify the stock exhaust or use extenders, just want to add longer tips but having trouble finding some.
You can always give option #2 a try and report back (BMS tips). I don't think there are any pictures of this setup posted, so maybe it will be ok. BMS tips are not that expensive to try. I initially said no because my BMS tips on stock exhaust barely extended past my exotics tuning diffuser, which doesn't stick out as far as the Mperformance diffuser, but that was a personal judgment call on my part. Let us know if you decide to try.
I emailed BMS earlier today and asked how they would fit with MP diffuser and if they make anything longer than 3.5". Just got this back from Burger Motorsports:

"Those are the only tips we make for the M235i. They are just a little longer than stock tips. You can see from the photos on our site how much further they stick out from the stock tips in the comparison photos. There's video and install instructions on the product page. http://www.burgertuning.com/exhaust_tips_for_BMW.html for reference."

So, unfortunately these will not be long enough to stick out of the MP diffuser when installed. I think we need something closer to 4.5" or 5" tips.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 05:57 PM   #25
mikeyymonster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imalazeeass View Post
Quote:
I emailed BMS earlier today and asked how they would fit with MP diffuser and if they make anything longer than 3.5". Just got this back from Burger Motorsports:

"Those are the only tips we make for the M235i. They are just a little longer than stock tips. You can see from the photos on our site how much further they stick out from the stock tips in the comparison photos. There's video and install instructions on the product page. http://www.burgertuning.com/exhaust_tips_for_BMW.html for reference."

So, unfortunately these will not be long enough to stick out of the MP diffuser when installed. I think we need something closer to 4.5" or 5" tips.
That's what I figured as well. Time to just go aftermarket exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 07:02 AM   #26
MG///M_3713
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Gents, I recently came across this thread, so apparently it can be done... Hopefully this helps.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1500557

I'm having this sturggle myself wanting to install the M3/M4 tips on my M2 muffler conversion, but it's a risk with BMS' no return policy. The BMS tips are just so bad good looking and at a great price.

The thing that baffles me is the M3/M4 competition tips fit on the M2, so I don't understnad why the BMS tips wouldn't. I may just take the plunge and if they truly don't fit securely, place a tack weld on the back of each.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 06:08 PM   #27
johnthicc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbturbos View Post
Oem diffuser with 4" tips. 3" inlet, 5" long to be specific.

Where did you get these tips they are exactly what I'm looking for
Appreciate 0