THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Let's see your meth setup...

04-16-2019, 02:33 AM   #23
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: m135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
I'm looking for more tank setups in the trunk I'll probably use the 5 gallon AEM unit.
Have you looked at the snow performance stage 2.5 kit? the controller is really epic doubles up as a boost a gauge as well.it comes in both nylon lines and braided hoses with an fittings.
Attached Images

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 06:11 AM   #24
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB ///M2

I was considering their kit, bit the AEM unit seemed better built. I already have p3 vent gauge. Pricing seems similar. how big is your tank?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #25
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

BMS is the best and easiest meth integration kit I've ever used. Keeping it long term to stack with a BEF, it's honestly that good.
      04-16-2019, 11:50 AM   #26
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
BMS is the best and easiest meth integration kit I've ever used. Keeping it long term to stack with a BEF, it's honestly that good.
What sets it apart? I'm not interested in JB4, so that alone kills it for me.

I need a simple boost actuated system with a baffled large capacity tank. It has to have stainless braided lines, a shut off toggle switch, and some indicator leds. The BEF, FBOs, xdi hpfp, and pure stage 2 turbo have already been taken care of...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 02:05 AM   #27
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I was considering their kit, bit the AEM unit seemed better built. I already have p3 vent gauge. Pricing seems similar. how big is your tank?
this is my buddies set up i have just ordered the same kit. i think the quality of the snow kit is exceptional AEM is definitely not better built they as good as each other. i got the snow kit was due to the braided lines with AN fittings and the digital controller love it. the tank is the 3quart one but ill upgrade to the 2.5gal tank as you can empty that tiny tank very quickly.

'14 F20 M135i EWG FBO:// INJEN INTAKE // PURE INLET// TURBOSMART BOV DUAL PORT //
//CSF INTERCOOLER // ER CP // SNOW S2.5 METH KIT // B58TU HPFP // NGK 97506 // ER DP // TMSS MID PIPE //MPE // MPBBK // UR STRUT BRACE // BM3 CUSTOM JORDAN E85 TUNE // XHP STAGE 3 //
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #28
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristosD View Post
this is my buddies set up i have just ordered the same kit. i think the quality of the snow kit is exceptional AEM is definitely not better built they as good as each other. i got the snow kit was due to the braided lines with AN fittings and the digital controller love it. the tank is the 3quart one but ill upgrade to the 2.5gal tank as you can empty that tiny tank very quickly.
I've read many people's reviews regarding the unreliability of the snow controller. It scares me. The AEM controller is simple, and I have not read one review of it breaking. I'm looking to run at least 5 gallons of meth/H2O mix so I don't have to refuel all the time. I'm probably going to buy a plastic fuel cell for that job.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 08:32 AM   #29
ChristosD
First Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
I've read many people's reviews regarding the unreliability of the snow controller. It scares me. The AEM controller is simple, and I have not read one review of it breaking. I'm looking to run at least 5 gallons of meth/H2O mix so I don't have to refuel all the time. I'm probably going to buy a plastic fuel cell for that job.
Check out Prometh they got all sizes of tanks you looking for

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 09:16 AM   #30
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What sets it apart? I'm not interested in JB4, so that alone kills it for me.

I need a simple boost actuated system with a baffled large capacity tank. It has to have stainless braided lines, a shut off toggle switch, and some indicator leds. The BEF, FBOs, xdi hpfp, and pure stage 2 turbo have already been taken care of...
It's the integrated management that coincides with the JB4's interface. I've used them all, AEM/SnowP/Frozenboost etc. and this tops them all from an end users management perspective. It has several safety features built in that most do not, that alone is worth it, for me. I won't use the JB4 for much else in the future as I'll have a BEF, but keeping the JB4 solely for meth control, it is that good.
      04-18-2019, 02:36 PM   #31
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
It's the integrated management that coincides with the JB4's interface. I've used them all, AEM/SnowP/Frozenboost etc. and this tops them all from an end users management perspective. It has several safety features built in that most do not, that alone is worth it, for me. I won't use the JB4 for much else in the future as I'll have a BEF, but keeping the JB4 solely for meth control, it is that good.
Have you set this up yet? I'm planning on doing the same setup as you. Meth lines have been clogged for a while now and I'm just waiting for more time and better weather to get it up and running again.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #32
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Have you set this up yet? I'm planning on doing the same setup as you. Meth lines have been clogged for a while now and I'm just waiting for more time and better weather to get it up and running again.
The BEF? Not yet, hoping for summertime! Otherwise the system is still fully functioning as it was when I installed. Just using a meth mix now as opposed to the blue washer fluid, performs better and not all that expensive either.
      04-21-2019, 10:10 AM   #33
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i F22

Ideally, I would have went with custom map with meth. However, since I’ve had the JB4 already and I mostly street drive, I decided to go with JB4 + BMS’s BEF + their BMS WMI kit. Here’s what I think of the BMS kit so far:

Pros:
- fully integrate with JB4
- Ease of set-up with good support from BMS
- Have failsafe
- Can change to non-meth maps on the fly
- can log on the Bluetooth app and monitor if everything is working as it should

Cons:
- Sprays 100% on or off, not progressive
- No actual flow sensor, only measure voltage to pump
- Nylon hose only, no protection
- Would be nice to have a meth level sensor in tank

If I am missing anything, pls feel free to chime in
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 08:43 PM   #34
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Question for you guys....what boost line are you tapping into to get an accurate boost measurement to the WMI controller ? Thanks in advance for any input (and pics? ).
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 11:06 AM   #35
EVEda235i
Mr. Clutch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2MGM View Post
Question for you guys....what boost line are you tapping into to get an accurate boost measurement to the WMI controller ? Thanks in advance for any input (and pics? ).
I'm doing the atpturbo tap.

"FTG-QuickTap-CompHSG for boost port on silicone hose instead of compressor housing"

$18 shipped. Taps into the silicone hose on the charge pipe.

You could also try the rubber cap on your chargepipe if you're running a manual car.

Or the hose that comes out of that hole if you're car is auto
      06-24-2019, 08:32 PM   #36
TwistedX
Really Twisted
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i F23 8AT

For the windshield washer idea, could swap out the sensor for this one?
https://www.snowperformance.net/Low-.../sno-40035.htm
      06-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #37
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Don't run it in the windshield washer tank. The tanks cannot handle the higher concentration of methanol. They leak and cause fires.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 12:29 PM   #38
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep

Snow Performance Stage 2.5 , #4 nozzle, going 100% meth on e40 custom tune, with upgrade 2.5 gal tank. currently no leaks, pushing 50/50 spray with zero performance increase in OTS BM3 e30 map.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 06:37 PM   #39
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdag001 View Post
Snow Performance Stage 2.5 , #4 nozzle, going 100% meth on e40 custom tune, with upgrade 2.5 gal tank. currently no leaks, pushing 50/50 spray with zero performance increase in OTS BM3 e30 map.
Hey what as lines are you running? Did they come with your kit? I upgraded my bms kit with DO ss lines and had nothing but issues. The lines corroded internally and plugged my nozzles up on two separate occasions.

The SS lines that I had looked identical to the ones in your setup. Although they could be different. Just wanted to give you a head up.

The way I noticed is that my tank wouldn't need to be filled as often/ just stopped going down altogether.

Just spent a pretty penny on all fragola lines and connections hopefully that solves my issues. The DO lines I was running were not cheap either. If I remember correctly they were $150-200. I think the Frag ran me just over $300.

I almost wish I just stayed with the stock plastic lines... But something about running fuel through crackable non heat resistant lines sketched me out.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #40
jondagger
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
Hey what as lines are you running? Did they come with your kit? I upgraded my bms kit with DO ss lines and had nothing but issues. The lines corroded internally and plugged my nozzles up on two separate occasions.

The SS lines that I had looked identical to the ones in your setup. Although they could be different. Just wanted to give you a head up.

The way I noticed is that my tank wouldn't need to be filled as often/ just stopped going down altogether.

Just spent a pretty penny on all fragola lines and connections hopefully that solves my issues. The DO lines I was running were not cheap either. If I remember correctly they were $150-200. I think the Frag ran me just over $300.

I almost wish I just stayed with the stock plastic lines... But something about running fuel through crackable non heat resistant lines sketched me out.
Thanks for the heads up. I am running the braided lines from Snow Performance. If there was an oxidation issue, id hope they would have found out by now. Snow performance only makes meth injection kits so it is unlikely they will sell such product. Regardless I will watch the fuel level closely. 50/50 with distilled is less prone, but the 100% is pretty corrosive.

Braided lines feels so much better yes LOL, specially at the connectors and in engine bay. my friend got nylon lines and braided them himself with some harness covers. pretty savy
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 06:35 PM   #41
switlikbob
Chuggin' Along
United_States
Rep

My controller and LED indicators:

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 07:22 AM   #42
designatedposter
Captain
Rep
Drives: m235i

Looking for photos of pumps installed in engine bay.

I couldn't find any space when I removed the passenger wheel liner and bumper.

I've seen other photos of installing under headlight, but I have oil cooler there. I've seen installed on bumper support beam, but I have the old cooler duct in the way.

M235i rwd 6mt USA

Also interested in photos of trunk installs and where you drilled to make access holes for wires and hoses
Attached Images