THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Cant program new keys?

05-04-2023, 08:26 AM   #1
jamzyf22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 F22

Cant program new keys?

I recently bought a 2 series, and I didnt realise it only had 1 key until i was about to buy it so i just went ahead with it and decided to get another one from an independent dealer. So yesterday, i take it down to get the old lost keys deleted from the car and a new one programmed in addition to the current one. After about 4 or so hours, the dealer tells me that the car is not accepting any keys properly. He says it is as if the slots are closed, but all the 10 slots are open, he said. They tried multiple keys but they will not lock/unlock the car. However, this is the really strange part, the new keys which wont lock/unlock are able to start the car only if held to the steering column as if they have low battery. Low battery isnt the problem as they tested with multiple keys and its all the same thing. I was wondering if anyone had any idea why this may be and what i should do next? Thank you for your time
Appreciate 0