THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 18/19x9 Square Setup?

06-24-2019, 11:19 PM   #1
ktrvn
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Comp

18/19x9 Square Setup?

Is an 18x9 or 19x9 square setup possible without worrying about rubbing/camber/over stretching? Let's say the suspension is Dinan springs/bumpstops.

If so, what tire specs/offsets would be required?

If there's already been a thread on this please link it and sorry in advance!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #2
trilax59
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LCI

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyletrann View Post
Is an 18x9 or 19x9 square setup possible without worrying about rubbing/camber/over stretching? Let's say the suspension is Dinan springs/bumpstops.

No. With a 9" wide wheel you will be fine in the rear (depending on offset), but will not fit be able to fit that in the front without camber and a specific offset. I currently have APEX EC-7 18x8.5 ET 45 squared with a 5mm spacer in the front. I'm running 235/40 MP4S with no rubbing or any issues. I could run 245/35 or maybe even 255/35 (though not ideal on a 8.5" wheel), but would need camber.

Only time I have heard of a 9" wide wheel working was the APEX 18x9 ET 42 with spacers and camber adjustments.
      06-25-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
ktrvn
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilax59 View Post
Quote:

No. With a 9" wide wheel you will be fine in the rear (depending on offset), but will not fit be able to fit that in the front without camber and a specific offset. I currently have APEX EC-7 18x8.5 ET 45 squared with a 5mm spacer in the front. I'm running 235/40 MP4S with no rubbing or any issues. I could run 245/35 or maybe even 255/35 (though not ideal on a 8.5" wheel), but would need camber.

Only time I have heard of a 9" wide wheel working was the APEX 18x9 ET 42 with spacers and camber adjustments.
Bummer. I like the look of wider real wheels, but also want the practicality of being able to rotate the wheels. How much camber would be needed to run 9s in the front? And would the Dinan camber plates work?

Do you mind posting a picture of your setup from a rear ground shot? I want to see how wide the 8.5s look on the 2 series body.

Sorry for so many questions. My girlfriend is interested in getting a 2er and I've mainly been interested in the 3/4 series so I'm learning about this platform now
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 12:39 PM   #4
trilax59
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bummer. I like the look of wider real wheels, but also want the practicality of being able to rotate the wheels. How much camber would be needed to run 9s in the front? And would the Dinan camber plates work?

Do you mind posting a picture of your setup from a rear ground shot? I want to see how wide the 8.5s look on the 2 series body.

Sorry for so many questions. My girlfriend is interested in getting a 2er and I've mainly been interested in the 3/4 series so I'm learning about this platform now
Use this link from APEX as a fitment guide for various set ups: https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...bile_site=true
Attached Images

06-25-2019, 04:29 PM   #5
ktrvn
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Use this link from APEX as a fitment guide for various set ups: https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc...bile_site=true
Car looks great! I'm guessing you're stock height. Any plans of lowering it in the future?

Also, did you have any shots similar to this one? This shot will allow me to judge the rear wheel width better. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
trilax59
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Car looks great! I'm guessing you're stock height. Any plans of lowering it in the future?

Also, did you have any shots similar to this one? This shot will allow me to judge the rear wheel width better. Thanks in advance!
I was thinking about camber plates and some coilovers, but I don't think that's happening in the near future.
Attached Images