THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications Carbon Fiber Wrapped Interior Trim

08-12-2018, 10:31 AM   #23
trilax59
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LCI

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadams95 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilax59 View Post
Yeah that's the trim removal kit I used. The wrap I used was 1.5 ft x 5 ft, so they might have removed that one. I would rather do the 3 ft x 5 ft because it will allow you to wrap everything with the carbon fiber going in the same direction. If I could do it over again, I would have done that.
Are you able to look back at your amazon order and see what exact wrap name you used? Or a like "part number" ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1
      08-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #24
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i THP M-Sport Tech Lig

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadams95 View Post
Quote:
Yeah that's the trim removal kit I used. The wrap I used was 1.5 ft x 5 ft, so they might have removed that one. I would rather do the 3 ft x 5 ft because it will allow you to wrap everything with the carbon fiber going in the same direction. If I could do it over again, I would have done that.
Are you able to look back at your amazon order and see what exact wrap name you used? Or a like "part number" ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1
That's it the vvivid dry wrap XPO dry carbon. That's exactly what I got. Like I said though get the 3x5 or 5x5 so you can keep the weave going the same direction everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #25
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMIAGI View Post
So far I've done the silver trim for the steering wheel, this is my favorite. Then my right and left side vents. And the entire year shifter bottom piece. I plan on doing the gear shifter itself, the middle piece next to it, and the door handles. I also have an alcantara wheel wrap on the way and a blue start stop button. can't wait to get it all installed!

Exterior mods I'm planning on getting the m style mirror caps with the wing, black grille, PSM spoiler, black wheels, front reflector delete, dual exhaust diffuser, and muffler delete.
Looks good! How did you wrap your steering wheel? Did you remove the airbag and everything or did you just pop out the piece of trim?
I just popped out the silver trim with my hands. The clips on it are very small, and will most likely break. I broke one or two, it will fit back in fine though. Mine stays snug. Just start on the top left and right and wiggle it out and move down to the bottom. (There are a few big clips those are fine theyre sturdy. When I first took mine off I was impressed with myself because I didn't see any broken clips. But then I looked a little closer and saw the really tiny ones But it's not an issue I promise lol)

Wrapping it was a challenge because the right and left sides are so thin and there's not much room to wrap behind. Just cut tabs and use your heat gun though and mind your corners and you'll be alright.
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2018, 01:41 AM   #26
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
Alright fam for anyone that needs a little help or what's to follow along here's a video I made for everyone. There wasn't one yet for the 2 series center idrive trim so I out one together. I only spent about 2 hours editing so it could be better but the video is mainly for education. I was intimidated at first but it's actually quite easy. Anyone thinking about wrapping I highly suggest you order some vinyl and try it. It's really cheap and has the potential to look great if you take your time!

Anyways here's my tutorial video!

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 01:14 AM   #27
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
Vinyl wrapping the gear selector and installing the M glass tonight
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2018, 02:44 AM   #28
MRMIAGI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228I  [0.00]
All done! Definitely one of the most challenging pieces to wrap!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 11:38 PM   #29
pashad13
Pasha Dastmalchi
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i Coupe 8 Spd Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMIAGI View Post
Vinyl wrapping the gear selector and installing the M glass tonight
Did you buy the M glass individually? And if so, from where?
Appreciate 0