THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Coding rear fog lights with Carly - 2017 M240

06-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #1
Britbimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i Esterol Blue

Coding rear fog lights with Carly - 2017 M240

This is my first post, so let me know if it is OK to start up a new thread on this subject, vs continuing an old one that exists already? Not sure of the protocol...

I have an M240 and just modified it to get the rear fog light switch, by removing the blank and shaving down the tabs so it becomes a switch. I did this on my old 335 along with lego mod, and the fog light become operational. Not so on the 240... I found a thread that says you need to code this feature for it to work...

The only 'coder' I have is Carly although I can purchase another if needed...? I just played around with Carly and the only setting I saw in the rear light module, related to rear fog lights was to do a voltage check( and Carly said turning that on would cause flicker, so I did not turn it on)

Can anyone tell me if Carly can be used to enable fog lights and if so how, or do I need to go another route..?

Btw I found and ordered a fog light decal to go on the button - I will report how it looks / if it fits when it arrives...if anyone is interested in this for their modified button...... https://foxdesignsetc.com/product/fog-light-mod-decals/

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #2
M235SDCA
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M235 Vert

I did the same mod and coded with e-sys, but now use Bimmercode. It will give you access to the parameters you need to change in the 'Expert' mode. I don't think Carly has an equivalent.

The voltage check that Carly mentions is for LED lights / bulbs. If you have LED bulbs then the voltage check will cause the lights to flicker on occasion so it is best to turn this off. It is not very noticeable, but you will see it.
      06-23-2019, 06:55 PM   #3
Britbimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i Esterol Blue

Ok thanks - so I guess I will take a look at buying bimmercode
Appreciate 0