THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB Turn signal /running lamp malfunction

05-13-2019, 08:22 PM   #1
Duker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i X-Drive

Turn signal /running lamp malfunction

Hello ladies and gentlemen, new to the forum and loving it. So much info it's overwhelming!!
I'm the Proud owner of a 15 M235i x drive that I'm absolutely in love with. Bought it almost two years ago with 13k on it and just turned 176k!
Recently I've been having an issue with my left turn signal not working . It was Intermittent at first but now is just out. Replaced the bulb with oem and aftermarket to no luck with it coming back on.

Obviously this far outta warranty it's not going to a dealer . I'm a 20 year service manager and head technician of a large Yamaha dealership so there nothing I'm not confident in fixing myself , but this has me baffled . Since it's a single Filament bulb obviously it's not manipulating voltage to change from a turn signal to a running lamp. So I'm thinking it must be a ground issue ?
This is one of a few issues I'm having with the car, but really wanna get this situation remedied first lol
Dtc's thru the hidden menu show instrument cluster errors E12C1C, E12C20, and E12C40
Not to sure these are relevant to my issue but just thought I'd put all info I have out there .
Any ideas?
Appreciate 0