THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics Send to Car ...routes?

08-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #1
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Send to Car ...routes?

Let me preface by saying that I am in Canada so we are JUST getting a lot of the ConnectedDrive features up and running, specifically, sending a location to the car, in our case, via the BMW Remote app. It works now, however, it brings up another question for me...

In europe, there is a web based applet that allows you to build routes and send them to the car, not just waypoints. I am looking for something similar for north america whereby I can create a custom route using whatever tools will work and send the route to the car. I tend to build routes to find nice scenic or curvy roads when I can, not just let the car decide on shortest distance or fastest time.

Anyone have a solution that works? Tried the GoDriving app from my iphone but it is still not sending to car, at least not for me in Canada.

Thx
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #2
RotorOver
Newer 2er
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i (Sold)

Garage List
2017 BMW M240i  [10.00]
I know in Google Maps only a location/address will transfer not the whole route.
2017 Audi Q5
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #3
PDXF22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike519 View Post
Let me preface by saying that I am in Canada so we are JUST getting a lot of the ConnectedDrive features up and running, specifically, sending a location to the car, in our case, via the BMW Remote app. It works now, however, it brings up another question for me...

In europe, there is a web based applet that allows you to build routes and send them to the car, not just waypoints. I am looking for something similar for north america whereby I can create a custom route using whatever tools will work and send the route to the car. I tend to build routes to find nice scenic or curvy roads when I can, not just let the car decide on shortest distance or fastest time.

Anyone have a solution that works? Tried the GoDriving app from my iphone but it is still not sending to car, at least not for me in Canada.

Thx
Dang, that's a nice little feature. I found BMW Routes for the UK, but looks like it's only available for there. It would be nice to have this for NA.
Appreciate 0