THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics CarPlay goes nuts if you enter with WiFi off?

07-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #1
SizzlerWA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240 XDrive

CarPlay goes nuts if you enter with WiFi off?

Sometimes I turn WiFi off on my iPhone X if I'm walking around outside and it keeps trying to connect to weak WiFi (e.g. Starbucks). However, when I get back in my car and try to use my iPhone under Media in CarPlay, the iPhone goes nuts and:

- shows 50-100 modal alerts telling me to turn on WiFi (see photo)
- the alerts come in one after the other - as soon as you dismiss one, the next pops up, so fast that I can't even tap settings to turn on WiFi to turn off the alerts
- I also get 50-100 notifications on the lock screen (see photo)

This is driving me NUCKING FUTS! Anybody else see this behavior? Can I turn off these insane alerts?

I know I need to turn on WiFi but the cascade of 50-100 modal alerts prevent me from doing it. It's stuck in some kind of loop that any half decent programmer could prevent ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0