THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics CarPlay Weirdness

07-28-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

CarPlay Weirdness

So, I had CarPlay added to my M240i and it works OK despite some quirkiness here and there that I can live with.

I have noticed that when I am connected to the car via CarPlay with my iPhone 7plus, music gets choppy and CarPlay seems to stutter/lock up once in a while. I suspected it had something to do with the iPhone's processor so I closed all open apps and CarPlay then seems to work smoothly.

Last night, however, the phone was connected via CarPlay, however, I was listening to satellite radio and heard a song I liked. I grabbed the phone to open SoundHound so I could have it find and save the song for me so that I could buy it later. As soon as I opened the app, all hell broke loose. Music stutters (even though it was satellite radio and not pulling from the phone) and even worse, the digital display in the center of the instrument cluster began to flicker and go through the range of digital icons...basically, it was just spazzing out! As soon as I closed the app, all was fine.

What the hell??
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

You might need to update the iDrive software to correct these issues..

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1474662

https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html
Appreciate 0