THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Please vote: MW/CR or AW/Cognac

View Poll Results: Which one?
Mineral White + Coral Red 29 56.86%
Alpine White + Cognac 22 43.14%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

05-25-2020, 11:55 AM   #89
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
Interesting on MT, all perspective I suppose. I used to have a bunch, and had been 15+ years, that was almost too easy compared to anything else I've ever driven. If new, could have a been a bit tight, maybe not a finger pull, but 2 tops IMO. From clutch, to pull to hitting each gear. almost "light" - In fact adding Rogue short shifter to make shorter and tighter
Yeah, I am sure it is all relative, and I am definitely no connoisseur of stick shifts. My only real frame of reference was the 5-speed in the two Mazda 6's I had before I got my first BMW. Part of it was the shifter, but also it felt like I had to use my whole leg to use the clutch in the M240, rather than mostly foot/ankle. Although, I suppose I could use more exercise in my life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Part of your mind is trying to send a message to the rest....

I'd listen!
Hahaha. That is for sure true. I woke up wanting to go try it again, but the salesman knows I'm not serious about that car, as it's a convertible.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 12:28 PM   #90
Gilles79
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i cabrio, 2022 X5 40i

I was going crazy trying to decide between MG and AW, both with CR (I had already decided AW over MW). I thought they both looked great, but there is something about the white on this car, all the trim and lights etc, just seem to pop nicely in contrast. Plus AW is the traditional colour of BMW racing teams.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 12:33 PM   #91
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles79 View Post
I was going crazy trying to decide between MG and AW, both with CR (I had already decided AW over MW). I thought they both looked great, but there is something about the white on this car, all the trim and lights etc, just seem to pop nicely in contrast. Plus AW is the traditional colour of BMW racing teams.
Dude! That's my car! (But de-badged and wrapped I clear XPEL!)

Edit: not quite! I have the moonlight top. This one has the plain black one
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 07:03 PM   #92
cristo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i Convertible

MW over AW
CR over C
and completely independent of that,
MW&CR over AW&C
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 08:54 AM   #93
IchMagMunchen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstyle View Post
I don't think this combo is possible on the 2020... When I try to add Carbon Fiber trim in the BMW configurator, it forces me to remove the Coral Red leather.

It seems like the only trim options are the wood (which I fear may clash a little with the red) or the aluminum w/black gloss highlight.
That is the case in the configurator. However,
  1. The Order Guide (attached) doesn't say 4MC (Carbon Fiber Trim) cannot be ordered with LCL5 (Coral Red). It only says 4WF (Aluminum with Blue highlight) cannot be ordered with LCL5.
  2. A sales manager told me he thinks Carbon Fiber + Coral Red might be possible.

I didn't do more research on it because my first priority was the Fine Wood Fineline with Pearl Chrome Accent (4LR) option with Coral Red. I also do not know if choosing this would be straight forward in the dealer's configurator, or whether it can potentially complicate my order by adding special requests or anything.

If you want the combination, check with a sales person who really knows how this works.

In any case, immediately after you order, have the sales person print out your car's specs from a Vehicle Inquiry Report and review all the codes. Clerical errors do happen.
Attached Images

Last edited by IchMagMunchen; 05-26-2020 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: Grammar fix
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2020, 09:01 AM   #94
BrettKA7
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i

Chiming in to say I voted AW / Cognac despite the fact that my favorite interior is Coral Red.

Mineral White looks beautiful in photos and looks great on the modern, luxurious models, but I don't think it fits the design of the F22. I think the sporty characteristics of the F22 work with every color offered except for Mineral White. MW looks more like a very very light chalk color in person to me which is fine on a 530i but again, doesn't quite fit the F22 styling IMO.
      05-26-2020, 09:15 AM   #95
Gilles79
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post

I'm really happy I chose this colour combination, it just works for me (with the black top... )
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 09:28 AM   #96
BimBimM2
Banned
Rep
Drives: M240xi 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles79 View Post
Quote:

I'm really happy I chose this colour combination, it just works for me (with the black top... )
I actually would have preferred the plain black one as well I thought moonlight looked cool at the time... but there is something so striking about the matte coral red, the bright alpine white, and the matte black top! You have the perfect combo!

Love it! Enjoy that car I will be moving on from the M240i in the near future but... this car, in a convertible form, is magical. The best!!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #97
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchMagMunchen View Post
That is the case in the configurator. However,
  1. The Order Guide (attached) doesn't say 4MC (Carbon Fiber Trim) cannot be ordered with LCL5 (Coral Red). It only says 4WF (Aluminum with Blue highlight) cannot be ordered with LCL5.
  2. A sales manager told me he thinks Carbon Fiber + Coral Red might be possible.
Thanks - very helpful! If I go the ordering route, I will have to check. Also I noticed that in the configurator it is supposed have the exclamation mark icon indicating options that will require changes if selected, and it has that icon on the Alum w/Blue, but it doesn't have the icon on Carbon Fiber. Yet when you select Carbon Fiber, it opens the modal requiring you to remove the Coral Red or cancel. It seems likely to be a bug on the configurator.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:43 AM   #98
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hmmm odd. Here in Richmond VA I was getting more than that on an order. pre Covid, earlier in year. If rebates/loyalty strong enough, 6% is ok. But you could get that on a 2021 and have a year newer car.

I'd lean order in July/August, get 7%+ off...rebates (if any) lock in at time, and if they increase, you would get that too. (but not if they go down) My understanding.

Really odd since folks can't give away cars now. I know the manual pulls more demand per built (6% and many of those special ordered.)
So either BMW sales aren't hurting that much (they are not around here), or 2 series sales are not hurting that much. Following Memorial Day weekend, I still haven't gotten anyone (nationwide) to go better than 6% off an M240, and many are significantly worse than that, except --

The only one with a manual that I have pursued - he is at nearly 10% off.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #99
Gilles79
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I actually would have preferred the plain black one as well I thought moonlight looked cool at the time... but there is something so striking about the matte coral red, the bright alpine white, and the matte black top! You have the perfect combo!

Love it! Enjoy that car I will be moving on from the M240i in the near future but... this car, in a convertible form, is magical. The best!!
Thanks! I was coming from 10 years with a black-on-black sedan, so I was ready for something completely different.
I will say moonlight top looks great with mineral grey, thus my dilemma at the time (I think this photo was from someone on this forum).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 12:38 PM   #100
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Quote:
So either BMW sales aren't hurting that much (they are not around here), or 2 series sales are not hurting that much. Following Memorial Day weekend, I still haven't gotten anyone (nationwide) to go better than 6% off an M240, and many are significantly worse than that, except --

The only one with a manual that I have pursued - he is at nearly 10% off.
maybe its just down to dealers and areas. I wouldn't have taken pre covid at 6% plus rebates (and didn;t) and not this late in year when all 2020 are year old and should be closer to value as such. (wonder if you you went in and haggled it would help..ie they don't think you are "serious" yet)

Sounds like someone is telling you to buy MT at 10% off plus rebates.

Wife was ripping around in mine yesterday, now wants a 230i MT vert lol...I mean we already have a 330ci vert !!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #101
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

If it makes you feel any better, I spec'd and ordered mine in 2014 for an early 2015 and got 6% off. I was ok with that.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 12:44 PM   #102
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, I spec'd and ordered mine in 2014 for an early 2015 and got 6% off. I was ok with that.
seems like 6-7% is norm for order.

Black interior, but MG auto AWD

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5579/overview/

boom have it shipped from Alaska !! MW/red/AWD

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8549/overview/
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #103
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty settled on a non-black interior. Would consider any of the others. (Need to do some reading on Oyster & its upkeep - looks sharp with EB in particular.)

Quote:
boom have it shipped from Alaska !! MW/red/AWD

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...8549/overview/
LOL. Love that car, but I cannot imagine the price getting to where it would make sense against what must be at least $3000 in shipping cost. Out of curiosity, I checked - 3700 miles from my house
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #104
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

I'd ask, maybe BMW will ship it. Worth a call

I'm sure you've seen

MW/Cognac near you

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=253131326

Blk/Red

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=253041816

Last edited by 4Hockey4; 05-26-2020 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 01:15 PM   #105
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty settled on a non-black interior. Would consider any of the others. (Need to do some reading on Oyster & its upkeep - looks sharp with EB in particular.)
Six years in with Oyster with reasonable upkeep of leather cleaner/conditioner. Looks like new, but in my car there is no food/drink/pets/blue jeans. I don't know what it would be like with rougher treatment.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #106
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
maybe BMW will ship it.
Is that a thing??

Quote:
I'm sure you've seen

MW/Cognac near you

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=253131326
I like these colors individually, but I have decided that together they feel a little too tame.

Quote:
I had actually inquired into this one; I was told that they cannot sell cars for registration in any other state besides CA/NV/AZ.

I am searching pretty compulsively, but I still appreciate links, just in case I missed a good one!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #107
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Six years in with Oyster with reasonable upkeep of leather cleaner/conditioner. Looks like new, but in my car there is no food/drink/pets/blue jeans. I don't know what it would be like with rougher treatment.
No pets here... but there will sometimes be 1-3 tween girls and occasional eating/drinking on the way to/from sports practices... although this would mostly be granola bars & water bottles so nothing too messy...

I can say that at least my daughter's sports preferences seem to have settled into indoor ones (volleyball, basketball, martial arts) rather than something like soccer or softball with muddy cleats, etc.

There will be plenty of blue jeans!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:42 PM   #108
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
No pets here... but there will sometimes be 1-3 tween girls and occasional eating/drinking on the way to/from sports practices... although this would mostly be granola bars & water bottles so nothing too messy...

I can say that at least my daughter's sports preferences seem to have settled into indoor ones (volleyball, basketball, martial arts) rather than something like soccer or softball with muddy cleats, etc.

There will be plenty of blue jeans!
The blue jeans will likely be an issue...I wouldn't do Oyster with blue jeans in the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:16 PM   #109
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

I had actually inquired into this one; I was told that they cannot sell cars for registration in any other state besides CA/NV/AZ.

never heard of that, for Missouri you mean ? All BMW dealers can register and pay sales tax in all states. Manager in Richmond told me that. had found some in GA, KY and OHio

All good, hope you find what you want
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #110
Wyldstyle
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

never heard of that, for Missouri you mean ? All BMW dealers can register and pay sales tax in all states. Manager in Richmond told me that. had found some in GA, KY and OHio

All good, hope you find what you want
Not to do with Missouri. This appears to be this dealership's policy, for whatever reasons. Guessing they decided it's too much hassle. Here is a copy/paste from the email I got back:
Quote:
Would you be registering the car here in the state of California?
I ask because our policy does not the sale of a vehicle out of state unless its Nevada or Arizona as an exception.
I also had another CA dealership tell me that because I was out of state, they would have to go through a titling company and it would take 6-8 weeks.
Appreciate 0