THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Long wait for PDC!

12-14-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: seeking m240i

Long wait for PDC!

Hi all!
Prior 135 owner here, gave up that for the responsible thing, driving the big family SUV for a few years.
Now finally able to get back into the world of BMW...end of November I placed and order for an M240i convertible:
Melbourne Red,
Cognac brown interior,
premium package,
wireless charging,
Harmon Kardon,
black 719m wheels with the pilot supersports,
adaptive LED headlights,
stainless steel pedals,
black splitter,
black kidney grills,
black diffuser to go along with the M-performance exhaust
And my all-important (to me manual transmission...

Scheduled PDC for February 15th...
Needless to say, I'm super excited, lurking around here to see what folks have done. Don't have any big plans right away as I seem to have front-loaded my spending LOL. Just some tint, and spacers for our weird-offset wheels. Thinking 15mm all around for that.
No LSD, tune, M2 lower-control arms...yet....saving those for the future when I get used to the performance and need to make it feel like a new car
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #2
Miata13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW x3 M40i (on order)

Congrats Kokanator135!
You'll really enjoy the Spartanburg PCD experience...did that in '14 when we got re-delivery of our OSD F31 M-Sport Sportwagon.... I'm envious!
'14 F31 M-Sport ED & PCD (retired)
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2018, 03:29 PM   #3
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240ix

New here and you're a little bit ahead of me - just placed an order for this, but no build number yet:

2019 M240ix Coupe
Estoril Blue
Oyster Dakota Interior
Bi-Color Wheels with MPSS (Going with stock kidneys - go better with bi-color wheels IMO)
Premium Pkg
Harman Kardon
PCD in Spartanburg

Dealer says they will have allocation in January (I'm a little worried about making MY 19 EOP in Feb), wouldn't mind March delivery - don't want to risk the drive home in the snow with those tires.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Rufus View Post
New here and you're a little bit ahead of me - just placed an order for this, but no build number yet:

2019 M240ix Coupe
Estoril Blue
Oyster Dakota Interior
Bi-Color Wheels with MPSS (Going with stock kidneys - go better with bi-color wheels IMO)
Premium Pkg
Harman Kardon
PCD in Spartanburg

Dealer says they will have allocation in January (I'm a little worried about making MY 19 EOP in Feb), wouldn't mind March delivery - don't want to risk the drive home in the snow with those tires.
Congrats on your order, too!

I like your color choice very much...I dig the estoril over oyster combo, have 2 blue cars already (darker shade, but still...)

The summer tires are my biggest concern for February delivery. If it stays dry, I'll be ok. But I don't think I'll get full choice of scenic drives on the way home, given the road closures thru blue ridge parkway and such. Worst case, I may have to wait for a break and just make a slow, measured highway dash home when I can do so safely.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #5
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanator135 View Post
Congrats on your order, too!

I like your color choice very much...I dig the estoril over oyster combo, have 2 blue cars already (darker shade, but still...)

The summer tires are my biggest concern for February delivery. If it stays dry, I'll be ok. But I don't think I'll get full choice of scenic drives on the way home, given the road closures thru blue ridge parkway and such. Worst case, I may have to wait for a break and just make a slow, measured highway dash home when I can do so safely.
Thanks! It looks like we took different routes to 2 very nice cars. I debated quite a bit over RWD & manual vs. xDrive with the auto. I was interested in the manual for the driving enjoyment, but at the end of the day, I decided I wanted more of a sporty auto that could be part DD, part small GT car, part sports car (understanding the compromise involved). I have to admit the 4.2 0-60 on the xDrive influenced my decision a bit too.

Sounds like your 240 is going to be a beauty! Have you received a build number yet? None here yet.

I was also considering going with Mineral White with the Coral Red interior, but I have had a white car for a long time, so I went with the blue. I'll have to stay on top of the Oyster to keep it clean, but I think it's gorgeous with the Estoril.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #6
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'm lucky to have short commute for now, made the choice of manual easier. IDK if I'd have had a harder time deciding if I had a typical Maryland commute...

My long-lost 135i (called that as I've annoyed the bejesus out of the missus with how much I missed that car, and wasn't I such a good husband for sacrificing to get the family Ford Flex...was Alpine White with Coral Red interior, and I loved it! Just felt I wanted something different for this. Only anticipated regret on getting a convertible is missing out on tracking this car, as most tracks aren't likely to let me on in a vert.

I was lucky on the build, too. My dealer got a build date from another dealer, so my car went into production surprisingly quickly. As of last Friday, my car is thru production and is waiting at the port for a ship. Can't wait to find out what ship it makes it onto, so I can obsessively check that my car is STILL somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic..lol

I know Germany is much better about letting their workers have actual time off during the holidays, so that may impact your production time...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #7
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Agree on the holiday shutdown. Talked to my dealer yesterday and apparently BMW is shut down for a couple of weeks, so I don't expect to hear anything soon. I'll probably be bumping right up against Feb MY19 end of prod. I've read that '21 will be the redesign year for the 2's and that they may move production to Mexico, but I haven't heard anything about the '20's or when production start will be. I definitely want my 240 to come from Leipzig.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 10:43 AM   #8
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Just got my build number. One of the last ones for '19 before the Feb EOP. My dealer actually received the notice from BMW that the '19 allocations were done, then received the notice that I had an allocation through special release just a couple of hours later. MyBMW shows it as "scheduled for production".
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2019, 08:23 PM   #9
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just got my build number. One of the last ones for '19 before the Feb EOP. My dealer actually received the notice from BMW that the '19 allocations were done, then received the notice that I had an allocation through special release just a couple of hours later. MyBMW shows it as "scheduled for production".
Congrats!! Back from the holidays!

The time in production will fly by....unfortunately, the time "in transit" will take forever . My car is still in that status, but I can't believe my PCD is only a month away!!
I'm just hoping for good weather. Any mods planned right away?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #10
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The time in production will fly by....unfortunately, the time "in transit" will take forever . My car is still in that status, but I can't believe my PCD is only a month away!!
No major mods right away, just some little things like s/s pedals (I started another thread looking for input on that - lots of good info from the other members), a good sealant for the oyster leather seats, and some winter wheels and tires. Funny thing on the tires - I was thinking about the mild winters we've been having and how I should consider some good performance all-seasons instead of winter tires, and we get slammed with 8"+ yesterday and last night. If one could trust those around you (which you can't), the xDrive car should be an absolute hoot in this weather with winters.

My dealer is estimating early April for Spartanburg. He's looking into tacking a 1 Day M School on to the back of my delivery experience for me
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 05:41 PM   #11
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

No major mods right away, just some little things like s/s pedals (I started another thread looking for input on that - lots of good info from the other members), a good sealant for the oyster leather seats, and some winter wheels and tires. Funny thing on the tires - I was thinking about the mild winters we've been having and how I should consider some good performance all-seasons instead of winter tires, and we get slammed with 8"+ yesterday and last night. If one could trust those around you (which you can't), the xDrive car should be an absolute hoot in this weather with winters.

My dealer is estimating early April for Spartanburg. He's looking into tacking a 1 Day M School on to the back of my delivery experience for me
I got the stainless pedals, thru the port. I don't think my back would survive trying to crouch down and drill holes in the pedals

We got the snow in Maryland too. Rear-biased X-drive with the right tires should be a blast!Making me a little nervous about February weather. I survived Pittsburgh winters with my 135 back in the day with just winter tires...made me a believer. I have a backup for bad weather now, and nowhere near as much snow as I had up there now. Will eventually get some nice all-seasons that are rated well, I'm a big believer in the Conti DWS's, I think there's a crazy long thread on that too On my 4th set right now among various cars over the past few years...my problem with pure winter tires is that our borderline weather also results in temperature swings from 40s at night to highs in the 70s at times, which would be unsafe at night for the summer tires, but eat the winter tires' life short in no time...

I think I'm super jealous of the M-school option! Sounds amazing...how much extra, if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #12
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got the stainless pedals, thru the port. I don't think my back would survive trying to crouch down and drill holes in the pedals

We got the snow in Maryland too. Rear-biased X-drive with the right tires should be a blast!Making me a little nervous about February weather. I survived Pittsburgh winters with my 135 back in the day with just winter tires...made me a believer. I have a backup for bad weather now, and nowhere near as much snow as I had up there now. Will eventually get some nice all-seasons that are rated well, I'm a big believer in the Conti DWS's, I think there's a crazy long thread on that too On my 4th set right now among various cars over the past few years...my problem with pure winter tires is that our borderline weather also results in temperature swings from 40s at night to highs in the 70s at times, which would be unsafe at night for the summer tires, but eat the winter tires' life short in no time...

I think I'm super jealous of the M-school option! Sounds amazing...how much extra, if you don't mind me asking?
I amended my order today to get the s/s pedals at the port too. At the end of the day, I was willing to drop the extra $ for the genuine part and installed before delivery.

I understand what you mean about the tires. There's definitely a trade off between the extra capability of the winters in the bad weather vs. dealing with the shoulder seasons and the unpredictable temps. Where I am, the biggest risk is probably the horrible pot holes which are starting to appear everywhere, so no matter what tire choice I make, they'll be on 17" wheels for the winter.

So the 1 Day M school is a little over $1500. Steep, but they are letting you whip on some pretty expensive machinery. Scheduling is proving to be quite a challenge though. They don't offer very many sessions of that course and I'm having trouble lining up PCD, wife's work schedule, and the M course. I may have to punt on that this time, maybe make a trip down for just that. We have friends and family in Charleston, so a subsequent trip for the M school is always a possibility.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 08:02 AM   #13
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

BMW NA 800# estimated production completion is 6 Feb! MyBMW still shows status 150, production start. There's some lag in the website status as others have mentioned.

PCD is scheduled for mid April, I wonder what the chances are for moving it up to late March? Either way, I'm stoked!

Kokanator - what's the latest on your 'vert?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 10:13 AM   #14
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive

Quote:
BMW NA 800# estimated production completion is 6 Feb! MyBMW still shows status 150, production start. There's some lag in the website status as others have mentioned.

PCD is scheduled for mid April, I wonder what the chances are for moving it up to late March? Either way, I'm stoked!

How do you get a more up to date production status? Which 800 #?
      02-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #15
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
How do you get a more up to date production status? Which 800 #?
It's the BMW customer relations number 800-831-1117. Work your way through the menus and give them the last 7 of your VIN.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 02:11 PM   #16
bizzyqu
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M240i xDrive

Quote:
It's the BMW customer relations number 800-831-1117. Work your way through the menus and give them the last 7 of your VIN.
February 5 thanks!
      02-01-2019, 08:18 PM   #17
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Awesome, congrats! That's the same day I give my check and sign the papers, show proof of insurance, and get my plates. Guess I'll officially own the car a week before I take delivery...

Delivery day is the 15th of this month, 2 weeks to go. I'm now in the stage I have to consciously put my anticipation out of my head or I'll never get any work done

This polar vortex nonsense is making me nervous about the drive back and how much I'll be able to enjoy. On the other hand, coming back in the winter means I get my x-pel and tint done before driving season starts... and I'm using the shop my dealer goes thru, so I'll be able to get a loaner for the time my car is in for that (when I'd be less likely to enjoy the vert here, so might as well experience something else in the meantime. Busy couple of weeks to come to make sure I get time off to take delivery, hopefully get a little ahead in anticipation of being worthless at work for a bit after I get my car
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #18
Pinghacker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228i

Congrats, did mine in 2015 and loved it. If you're going north at all, take US276 up from Greenville to Brevard if the road conditions are good enough.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #19
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinghacker View Post
Congrats, did mine in 2015 and loved it. If you're going north at all, take US276 up from Greenville to Brevard if the road conditions are good enough.
Thx for the recommendation! I really hope the weather cooperates. I also checked out a route from a Marylander that did PCD in 2016 for his M3. With nav and a little flexibility, I should be able to make some sort of a fun route work.
More worried about rain on Friday and how that may impact the experience. I keep telling myself I'll get to learn the limits better in low traction conditions, lol. Also will be kinda ironic to take delivery of a convertible in the rain
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 05:36 AM   #20
Lynx_Rufus
Private
United_States
Rep

Happy delivery day Kokanator! Looks like you have a good day for it!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 06:15 AM   #21
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you sir!! The forecast has gradually gotten better and better....got very lucky. Can't wait!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 04:27 PM   #22
Kokanator135
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sooo........I wish there was pics in this reply and a happy ending, but it looks like you'rer getting your car before me, Lynx

Please see my other post for a very long, drawn out explaination, if you have the patience
Appreciate 0