THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions BimmerCode

04-20-2020, 05:30 PM   #463
lmach
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
If it is a manual transmission car, that module wouldn't be present, if it is an automatic then there is probably a code version mismatch between Bimmercode and the transmission module.
It's an automatic. I recently sold my Bootmod3 licence but when I flashed the transmission back to stock (from the upgraded 8-speed auto transmission) it failed twice and then was seemingly successful the third time. So I'm thinking this has something to do with it.

I'm taking it to a tuner in the next few days to get my custom tune re-uploaded (had to flash back to stock and relock the DME on Bootmod3 to sell my licence), would they be able to fix this? I would try and flash the ECU in E-Sys but I don't have Windows.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 10:24 PM   #464
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmach View Post
It's an automatic. I recently sold my Bootmod3 licence but when I flashed the transmission back to stock (from the upgraded 8-speed auto transmission) it failed twice and then was seemingly successful the third time. So I'm thinking this has something to do with it.

I'm taking it to a tuner in the next few days to get my custom tune re-uploaded (had to flash back to stock and relock the DME on Bootmod3 to sell my licence), would they be able to fix this? I would try and flash the ECU in E-Sys but I don't have Windows.
Should be fixable with E-Sys if you restore a backup of the original. I’m using a virtual machine for E-Sys on Fedora (with VirtualBox), but should run on any platform that has enough RAM and supports VirtualBox, VMware Workstation or other virtualization environment.
Appreciate 1
lmach58.50
      05-28-2020, 01:39 PM   #465
nikijack
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i, Grey, manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
So I'm about to purchase Bimmercode and noticed that a lot of you guys have the Vgate. The Bimmercode website is recommending the Veepeak OBDCheck Bluetooth 4.0 because of its high transmission rate, high production quality, and low price. Anyone here using the Veepeak? The Vgate seems to have connectivity issues so I want to stay away from that one. Thanks in advance!

Yes: I have the Veepeak. No, it doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #466
nikijack
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Hello: I have paid for Bimmercode, and paid for the Veepeak Bluetooth. They are not compatible. 2016 BMW M235i. If anyone can help me, please do.

Jack
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 03:09 PM   #467
nikijack
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

So I cancelled Bimmercode, am hoping for a refund from Apple, and am sending the Veepeak back to Amazon. What a horrible waste of time, Hopefully the money will be refunded. I'm still with Carly. It works fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #468
H2O_Doc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, GLB-250, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikijack View Post
So I cancelled Bimmercode, am hoping for a refund from Apple, and am sending the Veepeak back to Amazon. What a horrible waste of time, Hopefully the money will be refunded. I'm still with Carly. It works fine.
Mine works fine.

[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2020, 07:52 PM   #469
KennyFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: Lexus RC F

Garage List
Quote:
Weird, I have the same car and have had no issues with it. I use an Apple phone and Veepeak BLE+.
Appreciate 1
MLJR235116.50
      05-31-2020, 06:49 PM   #470
nikijack
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Bimmercode

All I wanted to do was delete the electronic damping control.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 03:32 AM   #471
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
All I wanted to do was delete the electronic damping control.
That can't be done with Bimmercode, you need a more invasive program like ESYS to access the EDC module.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 03:41 PM   #472
Chris_ks
Private
Rep
Drives: F20 lci

Hi guys, after a clima panel retrofit, i did some coding with BimmerCode, everything went fine as usual until i coded “Display color change” .
It started coding , flashed until 50% then said coding finished, then restart unit but in fact no restart done..

I checked and option had changed to aktiv, but in fact coding didn’t work.. My display stays only white no matter if I turn lights on..

I tried to code it with Vgate and then via Enet cable. With both options same results.

Anyone have same experience or any solution ?

P.S In the past I have done a lot of codings with no problem, before this one which i described, last month i tried to code PDC Turn on when car rolling backwards and it was the first time where I had exactly same problem and it never worked too..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #473
desertspotter
Private
Rep
Drives: F22 coupe

Hi guys,

Is there any way to code LCI2 indicator gauges to stay red all the time in bimmercode?, the dash look great red one with lights on.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #474
Happy77
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

Turn off rev matching

Here you are a new setting for turning off rev matching by bimmercode on my 118D:
FEM / EXPERT MODE / 3020 Tc MASTER:

TCM_STARTLOCK_BRAKE =>aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_CLUTCH => nicht_aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_DRIVINGREADINESS => nicht_aktiv

You start engine with only one push of button and getting down bouth pedal ( Brake + clutch )
I confirm in this setting too a little increase in about 200 RPM when i stop the car and engaged every gear.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 06:36 PM   #475
bimmermpls
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmach View Post
Just used Bimmercode for the first time today. Should Electronic Transmission Control say Coding data invalid like that?

(2014 228i)
Hey! So I have an F30 and the front electronic module says “coding data invalid”. I’m on a new phone and my older iPhone 10 has a cracked screen. Anyone know which folders I can copy from an iPhone onto my now iPhone XR where I just downloaded bimmer code for the first time?

I have to go to the dealership and I want to restore everything since I am dreading that I may have the n20 timing chain issue . I have a 2013 F30 MY 2012.

I just want to restore EVERYTHING to factory for now but I used another phone of mine initially and now that has a cracked screen and I need help moving over initial settings or maybe someone can give me another workaround to get to basic f30 settings.

Much much appreciated. I would hate for them to refuse service on the timing chain issue(should it be faulty) simply because I coded it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 08:04 PM   #476
CarbonLion
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '15 228i

Garage List
2015 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmermpls View Post
Hey! So I have an F30 and the front electronic module says “coding data invalid”. I’m on a new phone and my older iPhone 10 has a cracked screen. Anyone know which folders I can copy from an iPhone onto my now iPhone XR where I just downloaded bimmer code for the first time?

I have to go to the dealership and I want to restore everything since I am dreading that I may have the n20 timing chain issue . I have a 2013 F30 MY 2012.

I just want to restore EVERYTHING to factory for now but I used another phone of mine initially and now that has a cracked screen and I need help moving over initial settings or maybe someone can give me another workaround to get to basic f30 settings.

Much much appreciated. I would hate for them to refuse service on the timing chain issue(should it be faulty) simply because I coded it.
I don't have a solution for your iPhone question but my dealer just performed my timing chain replacement per the TSB. FWIW I have LCI tail retrofit (with Bimmercode coding req's), ASD delete, modified EQ curve, M startup animation on screen, all activated via Bimmercode and they honored the warranty fix.

The timing chain/oil pump drive fix should be solely determined by the whining noise recordings/model year and engine requirements from BMW per the TSB. I assumed the Bimmercode changes would be low risk and it worked out; just some peace of mind if you don't find an answer for your questions....perhaps an IDrive software flash from the factory files would revert your Bimmercode changes?
      03-19-2021, 12:28 PM   #477
ctemkin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

easy entry

Bimmercode now permits you to code in easy entry without going to expert mode. Worked fine on my 2017 240IX.

When you get back in the car, the seat does not move forward until the engine is turned on and the door is shut.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 08:32 PM   #478
steeps5
Rep
Drives: '16 BMW 228xi, '17 Ford Escape

I have a 2016 228i and I'm trying to figure out if I can change the turn signal blinker count. Is this possible in Bimmercode? I can't find the code listed in the cheat sheet.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 12:46 AM   #479
SpencerC_6MT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M240i 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M240I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy77 View Post
Here you are a new setting for turning off rev matching by bimmercode on my 118D:
FEM / EXPERT MODE / 3020 Tc MASTER:

TCM_STARTLOCK_BRAKE =>aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_CLUTCH => nicht_aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_DRIVINGREADINESS => nicht_aktiv

You start engine with only one push of button and getting down bouth pedal ( Brake + clutch )
I confirm in this setting too a little increase in about 200 RPM when i stop the car and engaged every gear.
This worked perfectly for me, thanks. (2017 M240i, manual... obviously.) For me, the following changes occured:
- you now have to hold down the start button until the motor catches, otherwise won't start
(before, you could give the button a quick press without holding)
- the car doesn't help you get moving with extra throttle if you're close to stalling (most
noticeable backing out of the driveway)
- rev-matching is fully disabled in every drive mode

I also think I figured out the hill-hold situation: it still works, but instead of the brakes letting off once you slip the clutch and start moving, it lets off the brakes with a tap of the gas and will roll back (still works but not as smart)
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 09:34 AM   #480
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwolePatrol View Post
Just used this app on my iPhone to make the following changes:

-Auto-Fold Mirrors on comfort touch lock/unlock
-Windows/Mirrors/Sunroof open/close with FOB
-Legal disclaimer removal
-Ambient lighting 100%
-DRL 100% at all times
-Digital Speedometer
-Show current gear in dash
-M Performance iDrive Startup
-M Performance BC startup
-Door handle lights on during reverse

I would highly recommend this app to anyone. It was super easy to utilize and backs up your settings in case you need to revert your changes.

Probably the best $30 (App) and $12 (OBDII Adapter) spent!

Any cheat sheets around on the how to?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 12:16 PM   #481
E46ZHP2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020m240ixvert

Very Easy

Ajowhan, congrats on the new car. Pretty sure you will love it. I know I do.
A good place to start is to download the app (free), and poke around. There is no "coding", just turn various things on/off, or adjust various levels of lighting, etc. Once you are comfortable/have found what you are looking for, you can pay for the app in order to actually make the changes to your car. It is pretty much idiot proof, and I'm a pretty good idiot. Cheers, and enjoy your car!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 04:06 PM   #482
Ajowhan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m240i 'vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46ZHP2 View Post
Ajowhan, congrats on the new car. Pretty sure you will love it. I know I do.
A good place to start is to download the app (free), and poke around. There is no "coding", just turn various things on/off, or adjust various levels of lighting, etc. Once you are comfortable/have found what you are looking for, you can pay for the app in order to actually make the changes to your car. It is pretty much idiot proof, and I'm a pretty good idiot. Cheers, and enjoy your car!
Thank you! I love it so far asides from some minor quirk. Ooh thats good to know, Im gonna do that now, I also ordered a veepeak adapter and hoping to start get some small stuff done. Cheerss
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 10:57 AM   #483
MPG4MER
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

anyone know how to fix 80410b

i want to check the antenna but I don't know were its located. I took off the skirt and it wasn't there. Its an 2016 m235I
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 06:06 AM   #484
iXguy
Rep
Drives: M240iX, 128i Msport

I am also using the Veepeak ODBCheck BLE module with Bimmercode on my 2017 M240i, worked fine.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B073XKQQQW <- actual Amazon sku purchased

Here are my changes from bimmercode by the way: [default in square brackets]

Angel eye brightness to 80% parking and low beam [20%]
Shut iDrive off when door opens [off only on lock]
Convenient closing (via keyfob lock) enable [disabled]
Convenient open and close window delay to 0.5 seconds [1.5 seconds]
Convenient open and close sunroof delay to 0.5 seconds [3.5 seconds]
iDrive Start animation to M [BMW]
Digital speed display in onboard computer [disable]
Start logo to M Performance [M240i]
Horn sound when locking while running disable [enable]
Window lift interrupt on door open disable [enable]
Fuel warnings at 60km and 30km [90km and 50km]
Door handle lights when reverse engage [disable]
Rain sensor sensitivity to Sensitive [normal]
Automatic mirror tilt on reverse to 80% [40%]
Mirror fold automatically on lock enable [disable]
Seat heating to max on back and min on bottom at all levels [balanced]
Driver seatbelt reminder disable [enable]
Sport displays in iDrive enable [disable]
Start up warning disable [enable]
Camera warning disable [enable]

Super happy with the changes, very well spent few dollars.

BTW they have the complete list of what's available for each car posted -- keeping in mind it doesn't consider what equipment your car may or may not have, only the coding options they can set. For example, here is the F22 list:
https://bimmercode.app/cars/f22/

Auto mirror fold and convenient close from fob are worth it alone IMHO.
Appreciate 0