THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Rough Shift during WOT (Auto)

05-15-2019, 11:34 PM   #1
Bassking511
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Rough Shift during WOT (Auto)

Has anyone noticed any problems with hard shifts at 100% throttle? Recently I've been running 3rd, 4th gear pulls while trying to datalog my tune. When I sport mode with decent throttle position the shifts are strong but fast however when shifting manually I'm getting a noticeable delay then the car bangs into gear. It seems like the engine cuts power momentarily and seems to throw me forward before slamming into gear and shift time seems to suffer. I know its not a DCT but not what I would expect compared to shifts at other times. Is it just a symptom of WOT shifts on a car with higher power than stock? Any advice or similar experiences would be helpful.

Running bm3 stage 2 93, 255 PS4s in the rear.
      05-21-2019, 11:17 AM   #2
wahooooman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Atlantis M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassking511 View Post
Has anyone noticed any problems with hard shifts at 100% throttle? Recently I've been running 3rd, 4th gear pulls while trying to datalog my tune. When I sport mode with decent throttle position the shifts are strong but fast however when shifting manually I'm getting a noticeable delay then the car bangs into gear. It seems like the engine cuts power momentarily and seems to throw me forward before slamming into gear and shift time seems to suffer. I know its not a DCT but not what I would expect compared to shifts at other times. Is it just a symptom of WOT shifts on a car with higher power than stock? Any advice or similar experiences would be helpful.

Running bm3 stage 2 93, 255 PS4s in the rear.
I would do a log and see manually at what RPM you shift.
Then do a log in DS and let if shift itself.

Ive noticed if i shift at a lower than redline RPM there is a bit of hesitation and a sort of bucking. The XHP Flash somehow took care of this. And i only noticed it after FBO, BEF and Meth. Goodluck !